Kenya Airways Internships in Kenya 2017
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Airways Internship Program. Three (3) Month internships are available in most of our business units which include Finance, Ground Services, Commercial, Technical, Human Resources, Information Systems, Flight Operations, Operations Control Centre and Cargo.
The internship will offer you a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in your chosen field as well as assist you to develop skills that will provide you with an advantage in the job market. In addition, you will gain real business experience and exposure in a leading company that is truly the Pride of Africa.
The purpose of the Program is to provide an opportunity for university and college students to become familiar with the operations of Kenya Airways, and to acquire work experience at the professional level through on-the-job training as part of the course requirements, during vacations before resuming studies.
During the internship, students shall be placed in one of the departments or units of Kenya Airways and, to the extent possible, shall be given assignments relevant to their current studies. Before the end of the program, the interns must submit a brief report about their experience/ learning in Kenya Airways and provide ideas and suggestions that can help improve the Program in future years.
Kenya Airways Internship Requirements
To be eligible for the Kenya Airways Internship Program, you must be:
- A citizen of Kenya A student pursuing an undergraduate degree/College diploma in an accredited university/college, who will continue his/her graduate studies or graduate right after the period of the internship.
- Have a minimum grade of B (plain) in KCSE or equivalent O’level certification
- Candidates afforded internship in the past by Kenya Airways are not eligible to apply
Conditions of Kenya Airways Internship
Kenya Airways does not provide medical insurance cover for Interns. Those selected for internship will be required to submit proof of medical insurance while at Kenya Airways.
Since the hiring for the Internship Program is done locally, Kenya Airways does not pay transportation costs whatsoever.
Because Internship Program is addressed to students who are pursuing their degree programs or diploma programs, participation in the program will not extend beyond three (3) months.
Documentation that will be required should you be selected for internship are:
- Letter from learning institution requesting for internship and confirming that this is part of the course requirement
- Original and copy of KCSE/GCSE Certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Insurance cover
How to Apply
Kenya Airways only accepts online applications for internships. Please ensure that you create your account and update your account details before applying for internship.
We will not consider your application if it is incomplete, or if it contains false or inaccurate information.
Making duplicate applications will render your application invalid.
For the January – March program, applications are due by November 30th
For the April – June program, applications are due by February 28th
For the July – September program, applications are due by May 31st
For the October – December program applications are due by August 31st
Kenya Airways Jobs Crew Administrator
Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 54 destinations worldwide, 44 of which are in Africa and carries over four million passengers annually.
The airline was recently voted the Leading Airline in Africa by passengers in the World Travel Awards. It has also been voted the Leading Airline in Africa – Business Class four years in a row.
Providing a comprehensive crew administrative service responsive to business needs.
Crew Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Analysing, prioritizing and disseminating information to promote better communication and flow of communication between management and cabin crew
- Analysing and monitoring in-flight related OTIs and voyage reports in liaison with IPMs
- Preparing and compiling crew monthly achieved nights and coordinating travel arrangement for the division
- Preparing, monitoring and following up on work required by the office including updates and progress reports including those from Audit flights to facilitate business decisions
- Ensuring the office is well administered, organized all the time and manage controlling manager’s diary
- Collating all direct customers queries and requests promptly and redirect queries to relevant sections/persons
- Coordinating meetings both internal and external and taking minutes when required
- Ensure implementation of safety, security and emergency standards at all times
Qualification Requirements for the Crew Administrator Job
- University degree in secretarial studies or business related field
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- PC literacy with working knowledge of office packages
- Customer and results focused
- Excellent team player of high integrity
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Impeccable bias for action and high resilience
- Willingness to work odd hours
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus
- Result Oriented
How to Apply
Closing Date: 08-Feb-2017
Kenya Airways Jobs Training Officer Sales and Ticketing
Organize, conduct and evaluate fares and ticketing training and development programs to enhance organizational and individual performance for staff at Kenya Airways and for commercial customers
Training Officer Sales and Ticketing Job Responsibilities
- Develop/revise training programs for basic fares and ticketing, advanced fares and ticketing, Altea system training to address training gaps
- Deliver programs within the Commercial department training calendar to ensure staff gain the knowledge and skills to perform their roles.
- Monitor & evaluate implementation of training to ensure effective transfer of skills to the workplace and identify further training needs.
- Develop a training schedule to facilitate effective planning of programs.
- Liaise with relevant contacts stakeholders to enable smooth coordination of training.
- Maintain up to date and accurate training records to ensure compliance with company standards and aid decision making.
- Prepare reports on all trainings conducted to enable continuous evaluation of programs and facilitate decision making.
- Evaluate programs to be outsourced to ensure relevance to the organisation.
- Issuance of certificates and licences to qualified staff to ensure compliance with KQ and IATA standards and procedures.
- Marketing KQ commercial training programs in order to help contribute to the achievement of commercial objectives.
- Participate in the review of operational manuals (as necessary) and monitor Standard operating procedures (S.O.Ps) to ensure compliance within operational areas.
- Act as subject matter expert for the business with regards to aircraft handling and loading.
Requirements for the Training Officer Sales and Ticketing Job
- University graduate
- Excellent IT skills
- Training of trainers
- Diploma in IATA/UFTAA Travel and Tourism Foundation
- IATA/UFTAA Travel and Tourism Consultant
- ALTEA Central Reservations System certificate.
- 3 years experience in a busy airline sales and ticketing environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & presentation skills
- Strong Organisational, planning & Analytical Skills
How to Apply