Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 54 destinations worldwide, 44 of which are in Africa and carries over four million passengers annually. The airline was recently voted the Leading Airline in Africa by passengers in the World Travel Awards. It has also been voted the Leading Airline in Africa – Business Class four years in a row.
Kenya Airways has a fleet of 36 aircraft that are some of the youngest in Africa; this includes its flagship B787 Dreamliner aircraft. The onboard service is renowned and the lie-flat business class seat on the wide-body aircraft is consistently voted among the world’s top 10.
Most recently it has scooped top awards at the Africa Investor (Ai) Tourism Investor Awards and was declared the Business Airline of the Year in Africa.
Kenya Airways takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the World and the World to Africa through its hub at the new ultra-modern Terminal 1A at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi.
Brief Posting Description
- To provide Financial and management reports for the subsidiaries to relevant stakeholders in order to comply with relevant statutes, polices and IFRS and to assist management in formulating policies, planning strategies, evaluating performance and controlling cargo related activities.
- To provide strong and effective controls over the handling and cargo revenues and expenditure to ensure efficiency in collection and spending
Responsibilities for the Ground Services Finance Manager Job
- Review financial statements and management reports to ensure correctness, completeness and accuracy to facilitate management decision-making.
- Develop annual budgets and budgetary control systems to ensure close monitoring of company performance for decision making
- Develop and motivate staff to enhance productivity and capability for career growth
- Enforce credit, purchasing and financial policies to safeguard company resources
- Control Company funds to ensure adequate working capital and transfer of excess funds to Head Office main account.
- Enforce preparation of VAT, Withholding tax and corporation tax returns to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with third parties (e.g. banks, customers, suppliers, auditors) to enhance corporate image.
Qualifications for the Ground Services Finance Manager Job
- B Comm. (Accounting option), CPA (K) with 5 years experience
- Computer literate
- Strong analytical & numerical skills
- Good communication skills
- Negotiation Skills
- People management skills & Leadership skills
- Team player
How To Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please apply through our website via https://www.kenya-airways.com/about-us/careers/en/
Deadline for application is 10th March 2017