Engineering Internships at Kenya Airways
Thank you for your interest in the Kenya Airways Technical Department Internship Program.
The internship will offer you a great opportunity to gain valuable experience within the technical environment as well as assist you to develop skills that will provide you with an advantage in the job market. In addition, you will gain real business experience and exposure in a leading company that is truly the Pride of Africa.
Internship Brief Description in Kenya
- The purpose of the Program is to provide an opportunity for university and college students to become familiar with the operations of Kenya Airways technical department and to acquire work experience at the professional level through on-the-job training as part of the course requirements, during vacations before resuming studies.
- During the internship, students shall be placed in one of the sections within the Technical Department or and, to the extent possible, shall be given assignments relevant to their current studies. Before the end of the program, the interns must submit a brief report about their experience/ learning in Kenya Airways and provide ideas and suggestions that can help improve the Program in future years.
Requirements for Engineering Internships in Kenya
- A Kenyan citizen and a student pursuing an undergraduate degree/College diploma in an accredited university/college pursuing (but not limited to ) the following technical fields: Aircraft Maintenance, Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Aerospace logistics and Air transport (with emphasis on aircraft maintenance).
- The Student must be one who will continue his/her graduate studies or graduate right after the period of the internship.
- Have a minimum grade of B (plain) in KCSE or equivalent O’level certification
- Candidates afforded internship in the past by Kenya Airways are not eligible to apply
Conditions of Internship
- Kenya Airways does not provide medical insurance cover for Interns. Those selected for internship will be required to submit proof of medical insurance while at Kenya Airways.
- Since the hiring for the Internship Program is done locally, Kenya Airways does not pay transportation costs whatsoever.
- Because Internship Program is addressed to students who are pursuing their degree programs or diploma programs, participation in the program will not extend beyond three (3) months.
- Documentation that will be required should you be selected for internship are:
Letter from learning institution requesting for internship and confirming that this is part of the course requirement
- Original and copy of KCSE/GCSE Certificate
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Insurance cover
How to Apply
Kenya Airways only accepts online applications for internships. Please ensure that you create your account and update your account details before applying for internship. A complete application will include: Your KCSE / O levels scores, the type of Diploma or Degree you are pursuing and the period of internship you are looking for. REMEMBER We will not consider your application if it does not contain this information or if it contains false or inaccurate information or if you make duplicate applications. Click here to apply