Head of External Affairs, Regulatory and Communications Job at Kenya Airways
Brief Posting Description
The role is responsible for the design, development and implementation of Kenya Airways’ regulatory and communication strategies, policies, guidelines and programs whilst ensuring their alignment to applicable aviation/regulatory standards.
The role is also responsible for the custody of Kenya Airways’ Broader stakeholder management agenda and building and nurturing strategic relationships with various stakeholders e.g. National and Foreign Governments (Executive/Legislature), Civil Aviation Authorities, Airport Authorities, Media, Business networks, IATA etc. for purposes of advancing Kenya Airways’ objectives whilst safeguarding its interest and reputation.
Responsibilities for the Head of External Affairs, Regulatory & Communications Job
Industry and External Affairs
- Provide strategic leadership and advice to the business on all matters relating to Civil Aviation, Regulatory Requirements, broader stakeholder management and Public Relations etc. so as to safeguard the interests of Kenya Airways whenever the organization ventures into new markets or seeks to expand in existing markets.
Interact, build and maintain strong strategic working relationships with various governments, local and regional agencies and civil aviation authorities to effectively liaise and lobby for favorable positions or desired agreements e.g. Bilateral Air Services agreements, tax outcomes, that support Kenya Airways’ objectives and priorities.
- Develop and be the Custodian of the Kenya Airways’ broader stakeholder management agenda and ensure its alignment to the organisation’s objectives.
- Oversee the monitoring and analysis of all Political and Economic Environments in which Kenya Airways operates in and assess the impact on Kenya Airways’ goals and objectives.
- Develop a Regulatory/Communication business risk framework and lead the implementation of resulting mitigating actions in a timely manner.
- Effectively represent the Group Managing Director and CEO in key external meetings, company events and drive Kenya Airways’ objectives.
Communications (Internal and External)
- Develop and implement an effective Corporate Communications Strategy and Programme that is aligned to the
- Corporate Strategy and that enhances Kenya Airways’ positive Corporate Image and Reputation both internally and externally.
- Drive the Communication Agenda through leading and overseeing the activities of the communication team on both internal and external communication matters.
- Develop and build key media and/or external communication relationships and develop appropriate responses to convey Kenya Airways’ position whilst ensuring Kenya Airways’ positive publicity and reputation is maintained. May be called upon from time to time to act as Kenya Airways’ spokesperson.
- Develop and execute online strategies that enhance Kenya Airways’ visibility in the social media as well as protect Kenya Airways’ reputation.
- As part of the Crisis Management Team, contribute to the development and implementation of the Kenya Airways’ Crisis Management Policy and ensure the development of a corresponding Communications Plan.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Design, implement and manage Corporate Social Responsibility and Sponsorship Strategy, Programs and Events and Sponsorships across the Kenya Airways network that uphold deliver Kenya Airways’ Social Responsibility Objectives and uphold Kenya Airways’ image as a responsible Corporate Citizen.
- Oversee the review and development of the KQ brand sponsorship and promotion activities in order to ensure return on investment.
- Build and manage key relationships with sponsorship partners, PR and Advertising Agencies to ensure maximum publicity.
- Represent Kenya Airways in Community Events.
Coaching and Team Development
- Manage and direct the activities of External Affairs Regulatory and Communication department to ensure the achievement of its strategic goals and targets.
- Ensure all members of the team are competent to carry out their role, offering coaching and mentoring support to enhance their delivery and capabilities.
- Manage the departmental budget and ensure proper cost management of the allocated cost centre.
- Champion the process of effective leadership to raise employees’ awareness towards Kenya Airways’ mission, vision, strategy and values to ensure high-level commitment towards Kenya Airways
Qualifications for the Head of External Affairs, Regulatory & Communications Job
- Graduate with degree in Law, Business Management, International Development, Communications, Public policy or related field.
- At least 10 years senior leadership experience within External Affairs, Corporate Communications as well as Government Relations.
- Knowledge of Aviation Law and/or Work experience in Aviation Industry would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of issues and trends in corporate communications in a high profile, multi stakeholder company in a regulated industry.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with internal and/or external stakeholders.
How To Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please apply through our website via https://www.kenya-airways.com/about-us/careers/en/
Deadline for application is 21st April 2017