Insurance Officer Jobs at Kenya Airways
Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 54 destinations worldwide, 44 of which are in Africa and carries over four million passengers annually. The airline was recently voted the Leading Airline in Africa by passengers in the World Travel Awards. It has also been voted the Leading Airline in Africa – Business Class four years in a row.
Implement and maintain the company’s insurance program to ensure adequate protection of company assets and compliance with policy and statutory requirements. Design and monitor claims handling procedures for timely claims settlement.
Insurance Officer Job Responsibilities
- Ensure premium costs are billed accurately, paid on time and correctly reflected in Company accounts.
- Ensure insurance claims both at head office and outstations are promptly lodged, documented and paid
- Ensure appointed lawyers defending the Company are adequately supported in claims litigation
- Monitor and propose the appropriate direction of litigation to minimize loss exposure to the company.
- Pursue recoverable claims from third parties
- Review and ensure insurance provisions in contracts from user divisions conform to company requirements in order to eliminate or minimize risk exposure.
- Make proposals for update of insurance policies to reflect emerging risks
- Develop and implement insurance policies renewal programme and ensure documentation from insurers is issued correctly and on time.
- Ensure insurance programme service level standards are complied with
Requirements for the Insurance Officer Job
- Bachelor of Commerce degree. Insurance Option would be an added advantage
- Advanced Associate Diploma in Insurance or ACII
- 6 years experience in insurance underwriting and insurance claims handling
- Knowledge of aviation insurance, aviation law and application of international conventions on carriage by Air would be an added advantage
- Appreciation of civil court procedures
- Computer skills and knowledge of Claims systems
- Negotiation skills
- Customer insight
- Strong communication skills
- Time management
- Presentation /tutoring skills
- Team player
- Customer insight
- Strategic influencing
- Results focus
- Integrity and self drive
- Self confidence
How to Apply