Location: Nairobi, KE
Organization Name: Information Systems
Kenya Airways has a fleet of 36aircraft that are some of the youngest in Africa; this includes its flagship B787 Dream liner aircraft. The on board service is renowned and the lie-flat business class seat on the wide-body aircraft is consistently voted among the world’s top 10.
Most recently it has scooped top awards at the Africa Investor (Ai) Tourism Investor Awards and was declared the Business Airline of the Year in Africa.
Kenya Airways takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the World and the World to Africa through its hub at the new ultra-modern Terminal 1A at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi. For more information, please visit www.kenya-airways.com.
To assist in leading the company’s information risk and security effort, by the provision of specialist, policy-based, information risk and security services
IS Security Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of enterprise-wide information security strategy, policies, processes and procedures, which serve to provide information security direction and practices.
- Reviewing, maintaining and strengthening of the company’s Information assets risk management framework and programme in line with the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) framework. Ensure adequate controls are in place and mitigation actions are implemented.
- Formulate and maintain data classification policies, processes and technology. Ensure rigorous data loss prevention and information leakage controls
- Co-ordinate and participate in the planning, design and implementation of a robust information security awareness program. Provide specialist guidance to company employees on general and emerging information risk and security matters.
- Provide expert, timely, and relevant advice to management on information risks and security. Ensure the company leadership is informed and knowledgeable about information security-related issues and activities affecting the company.
- Championing information security efforts towards compliance with regulatory standards and best practice standards such as ISO 27001/2. Review and maintain the company’s Information Security and Management System (ISMS).
- Establishing and maintaining the company’s information security incident response program and processes.
- Conduct information security incidents investigations and forensics. Ensure timely reporting and resolution.
- Develop and maintain robust audit trails and logs collection, correlation, monitoring and reporting infrastructure and processes
- Conduct regular systems security audits and vulnerability assessments. Review information systems development, changes, upgrades and acquisitions to identify systems risks and security gaps. Ensure timely closure of security findings and remediation of vulnerabilities.
- Oversee implementation of information security technologies. Ensure optimization and drive utilization of information security tools. Regularly monitor the company’s information security tools and ensure timely reporting of threats, offences, risks and policy violations.
- Proactively monitoring security activity by continuously researching and recommending suitable solutions to further secure and safeguard company systems and assets. Share this knowledge with relevant personnel, thereby adding value to the wider organization.
Requirements for the IS Security Analyst Job
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, ICT or related field.
- CISA or CISSP professional qualification is a requirement
- 3 or more years experience directly in IS Security duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to plan, design, implement and manage integrated security systems solutions to organizational requirements.
- Good understanding of CISCO, Microsoft, Oracle, Linux and cloud computing environments
- Knowledge of IT security products and techniques, network infrastructure, applications, and equipment
- pertinent to a large, distributed, heterogeneous computing environment.
- Knowledge of ICT Security Standards.
How to Apply