To ensure safe, Secure & cost effective deployment of maintenance capability and the effective maintenance, ad-hoc and planned, of all Kenya based GSE/Vehicles in accordance to relevant legislation, company regulations and customer airline requirements.
GSE Maintenance Job Responsibilities
- To ensure the provision of cost effective maintenance services to all ground handling equipment and motor vehicles in NBO, MBA
- To ensure the provision of maintenance services to the standards required by ground handling operations to ensure safe, serviceability and availability of equipment to end users.
- To develop and implement a planned maintenance program that monitors and reports GSE defects, performs root cause analysis and undertakes corrective measures.
- To control inventory in liaison with the relevant department with the aim of optimizing their related costs
- Promote a safety culture, a healthy and secure working environment in compliance with the relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
- Constantly review and adopt reasonable measures to improve safety and minimize risks and hazards at GSE workshops.
- Perform risk assessments and maintain a risk register.
- To ensure manning levels and shift patterns meet the needs of Kenya Airways 24 hours ground handling operation.
- To provide for an effective and efficient organizational structure capable of consistently delivering services.
- To ensure suitably qualified/experienced/competent staff at all levels with appropriate skills are recruited/retained/developed.
- Ensure currency, optimization; utilization of application and periodically review the GSE maintenance
- Champion KQ Way principals and best practices
Requirements for the GSE Maintenance Job
- University Engineering Degree or relevant technical/professional qualification with 5 years management experience.
- Experience in planning & managing maintenance service delivery in an auto/mobile plant environment.
- Experience and knowledge in ULD control and management
- Systematic approach processes/procedures.
- Technically qualified mechanical or related engineering discipline.
- Experience in planning/controlling human and materiel resources.
- Financial awareness.
- Leadership Skills
- Proactive, result orientated and customer service focused
- Cost conscious
- Technical awareness
- Analytical & Objective.
- Good Communications & intrapersonal skills.
- Safety conscious
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple tasks without compromising quality
- Unquestionable integrity, transparency and accountability
How to Apply