Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 54 destinations worldwide, 44 of which are in Africa and carries over four million passengers annually. The airline was recently voted the Leading Airline in Africa by passengers in the World Travel Awards. It has also been voted the Leading Airline in Africa – Business Class four years in a row.
Kenya Airways has a fleet of 36 aircraft that are some of the youngest in Africa; this includes its flagship B787 Dreamliner aircraft. The onboard service is renowned and the lie-flat business class seat on the wide-body aircraft is consistently voted among the world’s top 10. Most recently it has scooped top awards at the Africa Investor (Ai) Tourism Investor Awards and was declared the Business Airline of the Year in Africa.
Kenya Airways takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the World and the World to Africa through its hub at the new ultra-modern Terminal 1A at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi. For more information, please visit www.kenya-airways.com.
To plan and supervise the execution of operational audit assignment so as to provide assurance to management and the Board to ensure risks are minimized and operations carried out effectively and efficiency.
Responsibilities for the Operational Audits Manager Job
- Plan, monitor implement and control operational audits to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of operations, adequacy and effectiveness of risk management processes, compliance with laws & regulations, and safeguard of assets.
- Ensure implementation of ERM in group to ensure management and the Board understands sources of risks and how to manage these building for capability
- Ensure implementation of CSA to equipment management with knowledge to assess business risks
- Allocate resources to assignments to ensure effective execution
- Review work papers to ensure conformity to standards for professional practice of internal auditing and meet audit objectives
- Review draft audit reports to ensure conformity to internal audit standards and to meet target audit needs while adding value to the business.
- Participate in client planning and close out meetings to agree audit objectives, scope and recommendations and implementation schedule
- Develop, train and manage assigned staff
- Follow up implementation of audit recommendation to ensure timely action and mitigation of identified risks
- Participate in acquisition, implementation and sign off of IT projects to ensure resource optimization and integrity of process
- Assist internal auditors in extraction and analysis of data using CAATTs to assist auditor efficiently
Operational Audits Manager Job Requirements
- At least 5 years experience in a professional audit firm with evidence of handling major operational audits successfully in a senior role
- Solid knowledge of operational procedures, best practices and benchmarking methodologies
- Knowledge process/people productivity
- Experience in consultancy
- Knowledge of Risk Management and CSA processes
- Facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills
- CPA (K),
- CAATTs and IT literacy
- Excellent Communication skills
- Degree in commerce or related field
- Project management experience
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply by clicking on this link. Deadline for application is 15th December 2016.