Welcome aboard Kenya Airways!
Kenya Airways, a member of the Sky Team Alliance, is a leading African airline flying to 54 destinations worldwide, 44 of which are in Africa and carries over four million passengers annually.
Most recently it has scooped top awards at the Africa Investor (Ai) Tourism Investor Awards and was declared the Business Airline of the Year in Africa.
Position Title: Treasury Manager
Position Ref No: IRC40423
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on the effects and consequences of new business activities, with regard to capital availability and stakeholder management.
- Together with the Head of Corporate Finance make decisions on the optimization of funding requirements to minimize the company’s risk.
- Review existing bank accounts and facilities in order to ascertain which will meet the company’s strategic plans, while safeguarding against cash losses and risks.
- Review the Treasury reports produced and consolidate them to allow executive management to make decisions within the parameters of available cash resources.
- Advise on the implication of exchange control amendments, as well as on fuel and currency hedging, structures and policy, and provide recommendations for maximum advantage to be realized by the business.
- Review recommendations on draw downs and repayments, as well as prepare and negotiate with external stakeholders on appropriate future provisions for aircraft financing, leasing, sale and / or leaseback.
- Source, negotiate & secure all banking facilities to meet current and future obligations at minimal costs.
- Maintain bank accounts and mandates to ensure efficient operations, compliance and security of funds.
- Prepare periodic cash flow forecast and review daily cash positions for decision making on optimal utilization of funds in investment and borrowing
- Develop, Coach and motivate a high performing, innovative and inspired team so as to ensure delivery of set KRA’s.
- Review exchange rate forecast for use by the Kenyan aviation industry to ensure uniformity in reporting and accounting for multi currency transactions.
- Develop and maintain hedging strategies in multi-currency transactions and analyze foreign exchange regulations for compliance and to minimize financial risks.
- Develop and maintain a process that assures that the company pays for goods and services consumed and that the amount paid is accurate.
- Review bank reconciliation’s and related GL accounts to ensure accuracy of underlying records and prevent loss to the company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with banks and financial institutions to ensure beneficial strategic opportunities are obtained.
- Plan, Control and manage the sectional budget to ensure that the expenditure is within budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Economics. Master’s Degree in Business or Finance or Financial Derivatives (added advantage)
- CFA or CPA (K) Qualification.
- Minimum 7 years experience in an Accounting/Finance/Banking environment, of which 3 should be in a Treasury Supervisory role
- Knowledge of current use of Derivative in hedging in a banking or corporate environment.
- Advanced Training in use and design of derivatives.
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Excellent Problem Solving skills
- Excellent Negotiation skills
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please apply through our website via HERE