Marketing & Communication Job at the Kenya Association of Music Producers
The Kenya Association of Music Producers (KAMP) is seeking to recruit a Marketing and Communications Officer to be based at its Head Office in Nairobi on a one year contract renewable subject to performance.
The Marketing and Communications Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer. He/she will be charged with managing Marketing activities, PR and Communication activities of the organization to raise company’s Brand profile.
Responsibilities for the Marketing & Communication Job
- Develop and execute strategies/ marketing Plans that are intended to create and uphold a positive public image by working, forming and managing relationships with various members of the media/ media outlets, government, and general public.
- Develop & Coordinate content for media releases and other internal communications in line with building the organization brand equity.
- Take charge of customer service, handle complaints and bring them to the attention of the relevant departmental heads.
- Advocate on behalf of the company brand with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels.
- Handle communication and visibility Initiatives through mainstream media and other channels-Social Media Platforms etc.
- Develop online content strategy and manage content workflow thereby ensuring that the Society’s websites and social media platforms are updated regularly with the relevant information.
- Managing, Organizing and overseeing company’s events; representing the company in various forums, meetings, exhibitions, publicity activities, CSR and other functions.
- Organize membership seminars and sensitization workshops in accordance with the overall goals and objectives set in place to ensure retention & satisfaction of current members and acquisition of new members.
- Develop marketing communication materials and campaign assets for membership recruitment drives and advertisements.
- Assisting in formulating and managing the communications and marketing budget and ensuring cost effective practices.
Qualifications for the Marketing & Communication Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Marketing and/or PR with exposure working in mainstream media directly or indirectly.
- Related Professional certification i.e Chartered institute of marketing; Knowledge of intellectual property law, the Copyright Act of 2001 will be an added advantage.
- Experience in graphics design will be desirable.
- Abilities In social Media Marketing, Website design, content creation and management skills, especially in WordPress.
- Age bracket-24yrs to 40 years with an outgoing personality.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your Curriculum Vitae and application letter, quoting your expected salary, via email to [email protected] and [email protected] or drop them physically at our Head Office on the 2nd Floor of Jumuia Place 1 along Lenana Road in Kilimani, Nairobi.
If you send your application via email the subject should strictly read MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER. Applications should be received on or before close of business Thursday 20th April 2017. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.