Our Client, The Kenya Bankers Association, recognizing the central role of the banking industry in the payment system, established the Integrating Payment Systems (IPS) project in 2012 to address the challenge of creating a more integrated retail payment system in Kenya.
Provisionally named the Kenya Interbank Transaction Switch (KITS), this is a system envisioned to provide the banking industry with a platform to significantly improve the sharing of payment system infrastructure, provide a seamless inter-bank settlement mechanism thereby managing settlement and liquidity risks.
The Association has settled on a technology solution provider and embarked on its implementation.
They are now inviting applications for dynamic professionals to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Database Administrator / Network Engineer
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this is a position responsible for supporting the Company’s suite of databases and related applications for daily operations, troubleshooting, architecture, design and capacity planning and long term planning including implementing physical database back – ups, recovery programs and archiving functions.
It is also responsible for establishing networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
The successful candidate must have a background in network security.
- Testing, validating and implementing performance and resource optimization improvements in consultation with IT operational and development teams
- Designing database structures and using data modelling tools
- Designing and development of Schema, Aggregations, Indexes, SQL Views, Triggers and Storage
- Implementing procedures and supporting database activities such as performance tuning, data loading and unloading
- On – call for production databases, daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer/development support
- Database optimization using techniques such as materialized views, parallel processing, partitioning and indexing
- Establishing and maintaining sound back – up and recovery policies and practices
- Implementing and maintaining database security policies and best practices
- Establishing networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or any related field
- Masters in Computer Science or IT will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, 2 in actively supporting/maintain an enterprise database infrastructure, broad work experience including administration, engineering and architecture in enterprise environments
- Extensive experience of network security is a must.
- Certification in Oracle Database Administration, OCP or OCM is an added advantage
- Extensive knowledge with Oracle 11g and 12c
- Expert knowledge of Oracle Structured Query Language
- Experience in RAC, RMAN, DataPump, and Grid Control
- Experience in Linux (Red Hat Linux) Operating Systems Administration
- Expert Knowledge of Windows Operating system
- Knowledge of Networking ( TCP/IP) and Routing
- Flexible, self-reliant and self-driven
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] by 23rd February stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.