Support Officer Jobs Kenya Film Commission Systems
SYSTEMS SUPPORT OFFICER I – Job Ref: KFC/SSOI/2017
Reporting to the Senior ICT Officer the job holder will ensure provision of efficient computer information systems and services in the Commission.
Responsibilities for the Systems Support Officer Job
- Perform specific technical functions including changing of hardware electronic components, routine repairs, moving and setting up of computer workstations and other ICT equipment.
- To provide technical support and advice to all users and solving technical problems.
- Maintain the Commissions web presence by posting new content in a timely manner and archiving outdated content
- Set up computers on the network system, and trains all users in equipment use and basic maintenance, and network operations.
- Conducts server operating system performance analysis, evaluates levels of systems operations and devises measures to improve overall performance.
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Ensure the smooth operation of computer networks and storage devices.
- Assist in troubleshooting hardware and software problems and resolve as appropriate and facilitate maintenance and upgrades of the same through consultation with vendors.
- Schedule and implement preventive maintenance of systems servers, workstations, desktop equipment and associated peripherals.
- Assist in doing backups for the organization
- Participate in the development of the organization’s user specific Management Information Systems (MIS) and implement corporate systems or programmes developed locally, as applicable.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time
Qualifications for the Systems Support Officer Job
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/ Management information systems
- Experience in systems installation & maintenance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to quickly understand complex problems and devise effective solutions.
- Hands on experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (Microsoft Navision)
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be proactive and able to work under pressure.
- Holder of CCNA/CISCO.
- At least four (4) years’ experience in IT work.
- The above position will attract a competitive remunerative package. Please give your current and expected remuneration.
How to Apply
Please SEND OR DELIVER A HARD COPY to KFC’s offices, of your application with a covering letter, detailed CV and with three (3) referees contacts. Indicate your current position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact; including copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, to reach the undersigned on or before 27th March 2017. Please quote the Job reference number and address on your application to: The Chief Executive Officer Kenya Film Commission Lenana Road, Jumuia Place, Second Floor P. O. Box 76417-00508 NAIROBI, KENYA. Email address: as per email address on position advertised Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.