Kenya Film Commission (KFC) is a State Corporation mandated to promote the development of a vibrant film and television industry in Kenya and to market Kenya as a center for excellence in film production.
KFC works closely with other Government agencies, private organizations, professional bodies and associations within the film industry, as well as other film commissions.
KFC has an exciting career opportunity and seeks to recruit an appropriate person to fill the following position on temporary terms of employment:
Temporary Systems Support Officer I
Job Ref: KFC/TEMP SSOI/2015
Reporting to the Senior ICT Officer the incumbent will facilitate effective functioning of ICT systems in the Commission.
- Perform specific technical functions including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc), routine repairs, moving and setting up of computer workstations and other ICT equipment.
- Provide technical assistance to all personnel in the use of ICT systems including data processing tools and common office automation tools and provision of general guidance on the correct use of equipment.
- Ensure the smooth operation of computer networks and storage devices.
- Assist in troubleshooting hardware and software problems and resolve as appropriate and facilitate maintenance and upgrades of the same through consultation with vendors.
- Schedule and implement preventive maintenance of systems servers, workstations, desktop equipment and associated peripherals.
- Assist in doing backups for the organization
- Participate in the development of the organization’s user specific Management Information Systems (MIS) and implement corporate systems or programmes developed locally, as applicable.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/ Management information systems
- Experience in systems installation & maintenance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to quickly understand complex problems and devise effective solutions.
- Hands on experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (Microsoft Navision) is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be proactive and able to work under pressure.
- Holder of CCNA/CISCO.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in IT work.
The above position will attract a competitive remunerative package.
Please give your current and expected remuneration.
How to Apply
Please SEND OR DELIVER A HARD COPY to KFC’s offices, of your application with a covering letter, detailed CV and with three (3) referees contacts.
Indicate your current position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact; including copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, to reach the undersigned on or before 21st August 2015. Please quote the Job reference number and address on your application to: The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Film Commission
Lenana Road, Jumuia Place, Second Floor
P. O. Box 76417-00508
Nairobi, Kenya. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Kenya Film Commission is an equal opportunity employer and persons living with disability, women and youth are encouraged to apply.