Kenya Forest Service (KFS) is a State Corporation established by the Forests Act 2005.
Its mandate is to conserve, develop and sustainably manage forests and allied resources for environmental stability and social-economic development of the people of Kenya.
The following position has fallen vacant and the Institution intends to fill it in line with the provisions of the Forests Act.
Chief Officer – Survey and Mapping
Vacancy No. 6/8/15
The officer will be reporting to the Head, Forest Conservation and Management, the Chief Officer, Survey and Mapping shall be responsible for the management of the Survey and Mapping of KFS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct survey and Mapping of forest areas.
- Determine boundary lines, tracing of government survey lines, re-establishment and marking survey lines.
- Delineate areas of forest reserves and fix necessary beacons.
- Establish and maintain an automated information system for mapping data and land boundary records.
- Liaise with relevant agencies in the survey of forest boundaries and other Service property in acquisition of titles and alteration of forest boundaries.
- Develop and maintain GIS based forest information system in liaison with Forest Information Systems.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Have an undergraduate degree or equivalent in surveying or related discipline from a recognized university.
- Have knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS) and computer-aided software applications.
- Have five (5) years experience in surveying and mapping in the private or public sector.
- Be a member of the Institute of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK) or a similar professional body in good standing will be an added advantage.
- In order to be considered for the above positions, the applicants must:-
- Be a person of high integrity who meets the requirements of the Constitution.
- Have been cleared by the Higher Education Loans Board. (HELB)
- Have a current certificate of good conduct from the Police Service.
- Have been cleared by the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission.
- Have a current tax compliance certificate.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates who have the requirements are asked to apply so as to reach the Service not later than 9th September, 2015 by 5.00 pm.
All applications including a current curriculum vitae, indicating current and expected remuneration, mobile number, the names and all contact details of three referees, certified copy of national identity card, certified copies of clearance certificates/letters, certified copies of testimonials, certified copies of professional and academic certificates should be sent to ;
The Director, Kenya Forest Service, Karura, Off Kiambu Road, P. O .Box30513-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.