Kenya Forest Service (KFS) is a State Corporation established by the Forests Act 2005.
Its mandate is to conserve, develop and sustainably manage forests and allied resources for environmental stability and social-economic development of the people of Kenya.
The following position has fallen vacant and the Institution intends to fill it in line with the provisions of the Forests Act.
Head Information, Communication and Technology
Vacancy No. 4/8/15
The Head Information, Communication and Technology shall report to the Head Corporate Services for development and management of ICT strategies, policies and systems of the Service for the realization of the Service mandate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all necessary ICT tools, processes and systems are in place to contribute to the achievement goals of the Service.
- Develop and implement ICT policy, systems, procedures and infrastructure.
- To actively monitor and respond to ICT changes and initiatives.
- Develop and implement policies and systems for organization data security.
- Oversee continuous improvement of all ICT systems, processes and procedures.
- To ensure the maintenance of the forest management information systems.
- Develop and implement ICT governance framework for collaborating with relevant institutions to ensure they meet their obligations.
- Identify gaps and develop programs to enhance ICT proficiency in the organization.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university in any of the following: Information technology, computer science, systems administration or other related discipline.
- Have at least five (5) year’s knowledge and experience in the field of Information technology, computer science, systems administration or a relevant field.
- A Masters degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in database and network administration.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates who have the requirements are asked to apply so as to reach the Service not later than 9th September, 2015 by 5.00 pm.
All applications including a current curriculum vitae, indicating current and expected remuneration, mobile number, the names and all contact details of three referees, certified copy of national identity card, certified copies of clearance certificates/letters, certified copies of testimonials, certified copies of professional and academic certificates should be sent to ;
The Director, Kenya Forest Service, Karura, Off Kiambu Road, P. O .Box30513-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.