Kenya Forest Service (KFS) is a State Corporation established by the Forests Act 2005.
Its mandate is to conserve, develop and sustainably manage forests and allied resources for environmental stability and social-economic development of the people of Kenya.
The following position has fallen vacant and the Institution intends to fill it in line with the provisions of the Forests Act.
Head Internal Audit
Vacancy No. 5/8/15
The officer will be reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors functionally and the Director administratively, the Head of Internal Audit shall be responsible for providing strategic leadership in the management of KFS internal audit functions to ensure compliance with set systems and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to risks involved in the relevant business areas in accordance with risk management framework.
- Review manual and automated financial systems; functions, processes, programs, operational and business risks, to identify process weaknesses and inefficiencies, establish compliance with established risk management policy, internal controls and recommend corrective measures.
- Conduct special audits and provide advisory services on audit issues.
- Monitor and assess internal structures and recommend improvement.
- Conduct post-implementation audits to determine if systems, processes and programs implemented are functioning as planned.
- Reviews distributed/centralized systems for appropriate audit trails, reliability of output, adequacy of controls and adherence to established standards of operation.
- Prepare audit reports to the Board.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university in the field of Finance, Commerce, Accounts or a related discipline.
- A masters degree in Business Administration, Finance , Management or related discipline
- Have at least eight (8) year’s experience in the field of Audit, five (5) of which must have been in a senior management position within a large organization in the private or public sector.
- Be a member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or similar professional body.
- Being a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) will be an added advantage.
- Have successfully completed the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) course will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates who have the requirements are asked to apply so as to reach the Service not later than 9th September, 2015 by 5.00 pm.
All applications including a current curriculum vitae, indicating current and expected remuneration, mobile number, the names and all contact details of three referees, certified copy of national identity card, certified copies of clearance certificates/letters, certified copies of testimonials, certified copies of professional and academic certificates should be sent to ;
The Director, Kenya Forest Service, Karura, Off Kiambu Road, P. O .Box30513-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
The successful candidate will serve on permanent and pensionable service.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
The Service is ISO accredited and an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants living with disabilities and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply.