Kenya Industrial Estates is a Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises established in 1967 with the mandate of promoting industrialization through indigenous enterprise development in the country.
To achieve this mandate, the company provides Industrial Parks, medium to long term financing, and business advisory / training services.
The company plans to fill the following positions with a view to effectively discharge on its mandate:
Job Title: Assistant Manager Marketing & Public Relations
Direct Reports to: Managing Director
a) The position is responsible for ensuring that awareness within SMEs sector is attained through various marketing promotions and campaigns on company’s available products and services for sustainable growth;
b) Product development and market segmentation is undertaken to ensure corporate identity through product branding is effectively achieved for market growth;
c) Coordinating all public related activities including publishing of brochures, handbooks, news bulletins, Coordinating outreach activities; Issuing press releases; Reacting to media stories; and performing marketing activities.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Formulate Corporate Marketing policies and procedures;
- Formulate corporate public relations policies and procedures;
- Formulate effective marketing strategies and plans for all products and services at KIE;
- Prepare marketing and PR budgets,
- Undertake product development and market segmentation, and monitor market growth;
- Develop the Corporate Identity of KIE through product branding and quality service;
- Rebrand (give a new corporate look or identity) KIE products/services as necessary;
- Carry out marketing campaign / promotion to create awareness within SMEs sector on available products and services at KIE;
- Develop and install pricing strategies for various KIE products;
- Organizing in-house functions i.e. Exhibitions, meetings, seminars, anniversaries, ceremonies etc.;
- Issue press releases, react to media stories and proactive media reporting through the available channels;
- Convene public relations and media related meetings;
- Design corporate branding materials (posters, cards, calendars, diaries, t-shirts, fliers etc);
- Coordinate corporate information to the placed in the company website
- Prepare and publish KIE newsletters, brochures, handbooks, manuals, etc;
- Develop feedback mechanisms to evaluate the efficacy of the marketing function at KIE;
- Capture, analyze and prepare customer feedback reports;
- Handle customer enquiries/complaints as per Commission on Administrative Justice (CAJ)/Ombudsman as per CAJ guidelines;
- Preparation and submission of customer complaints report to management and Commission on Administrative Justice (CAJ)/Ombudsman as per CAJ guidelines;
- Coordinate undertaking of Customer satisfaction surveys
- Champion Implementation of recommendations from the customer satisfaction survey.
- Represent KIE in meetings, conferences, seminars and other forum;
- Carry out any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirement for Appointment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communication, Mass Media, Journalism, Social Sciences or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- A masters degree in relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Progressive experience of at least 3 years in Marketing Strategies at a reputable institution;
- Experience in Marketing Research and product development
- Must have business opportunity identification skills and analytical skills
- Must be decisive and aggressive;
- Good interpersonal and networking skills ;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Must have good customer management skills;
- Excellent report writing and presentation and analytical skills;
- Must be self-motivated and well-groomed;
- Proficiency in computer applications and other related softwares;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Those employees who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be accompanied by current curriculum vitae, giving details of educational and professional qualifications and addressed to the undersigned.
Applicants Must also indicate their current and expected salaries.
The applications should be received not later than 11th November 2016. HR & Administration Manager, Kenya Industrial Estates Ltd, P.O. Box 78029-00507,
Email: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: KIE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.