Communication Manager Job At Kenya Institute Of Management
Communication Manager Job Purpose
- The Communications Manager role is a key position to ensure that quality and timely communications materials are produced for internal and external audiences such as: media, donors, government stakeholders and the general public.
- The purpose is to ensure visibility of the Academy in Kenya and East Africa, and to bring about coherence and consistency of the brand in all documentation pertaining to the Academy in the region.
- This position is required to improve the delivery of the communication functions in all of our programmes in East Africa, as well as to better position the Academy’s brand and acceptance within the region and towards key stakeholders.
- The post holder will also be expected to work with the global communications team to build the Academy’s brand through national and regional media, and to support programmes that promote dissemination of the Academy’s (and other relevant) products.
Reporting: Reports to the Partnership Lead
Contract: Two Year Fixed Term Contract
Salary range: K.Shs.120,622/- to K.Shs.211, 950 (entry point will depend on qualifications and experience)
Communication Manager Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the Centre’s Communications strategy.
- Be responsible for building a communications vision and roadmap, and implementing a strategic external and internal communications plan to build the brand in East Africa as well as enhance its reputation.
- Work with the Global Marketing and Communications team on any issues relating to the Academy’s communications profile
- Develop and execute the Centre’s long-term strategic communications and key messaging plan.
- Maintain and enhance the Centre’s image and reputation and support key Academy objectives across the region of our operations.
- Work closely with other sector leaders to drive a brand, identify best practices in support of Academy messaging, focusing on regional/national media non-trade press.
- Build media relationships and work with targeted major business & mainstream media around the initiatives and products, to ensure the Academy gets frequent and accurate coverage on the traditional and new media platforms.
- Be responsible for written communications including press releases, holding statements, Q&As, position papers, pitches and employee communications.
- Drive and organize the Academy’s internal and external activities and events with businesses, executives and regional communicators.
- Identify content case studies and interesting stories that can be used across the Academy’s communication channels.
- Identify opportunities and manage conference participation.
- Work with agencies on producing collateral material such as brochures, banners, giveaways and booths’ layout for exhibitions as well as monitoring brand application and supporting implementation of branding guidelines.
- Innovate on production of communication materials for different types and levels of audiences.
Ensure the centre is at the cutting edge of industry developments.
Qualifications For Communication Manager Job
- At least five years’ relevant experience in a credible media organisation OR equivalent experience in Communications and/or Media in an international humanitarian or development agency
- University degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Experience of leading communications and media activities in a challenging environment and a good knowledge of the Kenyan and East Africa media scene, networks, and media contacts etc.
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills producing high quality English-language materials for a wide range of different audiences, including Academy staff, donors, journalists and the ‘general public.
- Excellent writing skills, and the ability to produce compelling media products in English, such as press releases, case studies, key messages, speaking points and Q&As
- The ability to digest complex information, quickly, and express this crisply and clearly
- Excellent understanding of communications, media and campaigning activities
- Established communicator and networker who enjoys building relationships and opening doors.
- Creative thinking with fresh ideas and a problem solver.
- Entrepreneurial approach; has the confidence to try out new ideas and take risks and challenge where needed.
- Ability to combine creativity with organisational skills allowing for effective delivery on varied and tight deadlines and budgets.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Passion and energy to work in pursuit of transforming humanitarian response globally and making a reality of true collaboration.
How to Apply
Application Process; If you meet the above requirements, Kindly send a detailed CV and cover letter indicating your current and expected salary to.. The Director The Humanitarian Leadership Academy P.O. Box 43706-0010 Nairobi OR [email protected] copied to [email protected] by 15th July 2016.