The Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development wishes to recruit qualified professionals for various vacant positions as outlined below:Chief Curriculum Development Officer / Computer Studies
KICD Scale 11
One (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the development of relevant and quality curriculum and curriculum support materials in Computer studies;
- Initiate and participate in curriculum orientation activities and;
- Coordinate activities of subject and course panels.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to the grade an officer must have:
- A Masters Degree in Education / Computer Studies or related field from a recognized University / Institution;
- Have served as a Senior Curriculum Development Officer or in a comparable position for at least three (3) years;
- Have demonstrated professional competence in curriculum development or related areas;
- Proficient in computer use and applications; and
- Initiative, team player and highly motivated.
Female Security Warden
The Security Warden will report to the Chief Security Officer.
Duties and responsibilities
- Protect property and lives by patrolling the Institute premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion;
- Monitor entrance of property through surveillance,
- Identify visitors and ask for appropriate documents;
- Guard against theft and maintain security;
- Respond to alarms and calls of distress and investigate disturbances;
- Stop suspicious people and ask for identification;
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities;
- Notify the Chief Security officer in cases of emergencies such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons; and
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into the Institute.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment, an applicant must have:
- A Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education Grade C- and above
- Security training from a reputable firm;
- Certificate of good conduct;
- Served as a security warden for at least three (3) years;
- Initiative and team player ; and
- Proficient in computer use.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward copies of their application letters, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, up-to-date curriculum vitae and ID card to the address below to be received not later than 1st April, 2016.
All applicants should give full details of their address including mobile telephone numbers as well as names and addresses of two referees.
The Director/Chief Executive, Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development, P.O. Box 30231-00100 Nairobi
and [email protected] for Online Applications
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development is an equal opportunity employer.