The Kenya Institute of Management (KIM) is a membership based non-profit making professional management organization committed to the promotion of excellence and integrity in the practice of management. The Institute was established in 1954 as a premier institute that provides management consultancy and capacity building services to corporate organizations and other institutions. Our Vision To be a distinguished continental hub of excellence in organizational and business management practices. Our Mission Is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond. Our Values Excellence: To champion, promote and advocate for individual and institutional excellence in Kenya, Africa and beyond, in everything that we think, say or do. Integrity: To be a pillar and beacon of good governance; to maintain the highest ethical and professional standards, honesty, truthfulness and decorum in all our dealings with our staff, customers and the community. To champion a free, just and fair community. Innovativeness: To encourage and promote an environment that nurtures individual and institutional innovativeness and creativity, freshness of thought and the spirit of exploration and discovery. Entrepreneurship: To champion and support creation of new wealth and employment, through the spirit of entrepreneurship. Collaboration: To seek and reach out to like-minded individuals and institutions for collaborative and synergistic initiatives for the universal good of humankind.
Reporting to the Head of Human Capital, the Officer, Employee Resourcing and Welfare will be responsible for driving strategic related functions within Human Resource Management. The position holder will specifically be responsible for Recruitment and selection of talent through implementation of recruitment and selection strategies as well as administration of staff welfare.
Responsibilities for the HR Job
- Participate in the implementation of the HR Strategic Plan in line with the overall Institute strategy.
- Contribute to the formulation and development of Employee Resourcing policies.
- In consultation with Heads of Departments/Divisions, identify staffing needs in view of filling all vacant positions within the stipulated time frame and procedure.
- Facilitate staff recruitment this includes developing Job descriptions and person specification, preparing job adverts, checking applications, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Ensure that every new employee in the Institute undergoes a thorough orientation and induction programme to be familiar with the Institute within the first three months of joining.
- Review and implement the existing on boarding policy and strategy to reflect the best industry practice while maintaining the staff branding concept.
- Data base maintenance – for all incoming applications and CV’S and availing them when required.
- Making all the necessary arrangements for interviews including notifying candidates, preparing necessary documentation and giving interview feedback.
- Establish a benchmark against best practices in relation to Employee Resourcing function
- Oversee the design and implementation of various Institutes’ welfare and wellness programmes.
- Assist in the implementation of the Institute’s welfare programme and overseeing all related committees and programmes including attending related committee meetings.
- Organize staff health talks, including nutritional talks, fitness talks, stress management and counselling sessions.
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment as per OSHA requirements in terms of First Aid, Health and Fire Safety.
- Implement occupational health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all employees are provided with the necessary working tools and equipment.
- Establish a benchmark against best practices for the Welfare and Employee Wellness function.
Qualifications for the HR Job
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field.
- Post graduate Diploma in HR.
- At least three years’ experience in a related environment.
- Membership to professional bodies including IHRM
- Good communication, interpersonal, analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of ICT.
- Possess high sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Pleasant personality, self-driven
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Institute of Management (KIM) career website on www.kim.ac.ke to apply