Kenya Literature Bureau is one of the leading Publishing and Printing firms in Kenya. We are committed to publishing and printing of quality educational and knowledge materials at affordable prices.
The Bureau is seeking a suitably, qualified and experienced person to fill the following position based in Nairobi:
Vacancy: Editor (Two Posts)
Level: KLB 6
Job Ref: HR–ED -3-015
He/ She will report to the Chief Editor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Source and induct authors and external readers to facilitate the production of manuscripts.
- Evaluate unsolicited manuscripts to determine whether they satisfy the Bureau’s publishing requirements.
- Undertake substantive copy editing of manuscripts to meet set standards.
- Receive feedback from product users and monitor the performance and attributes of the competitor’s product to create competitive edge.
- Participate in budget preparation for resource allocation and control.
- Establish the source of copyrighted materials and prepare acknowledgements for illustrations and text used to fulfill acquisition requirements.
- Co-ordinate the activities of typesetters, designers and illustrators and other suppliers to meet agreed production schedules.
Requirements for appointment
- Bachelor of Education degree with the following teaching subjects: Kiswahili / Georgraphy / History
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication is an added advantage.
- Three (3) years’ experience in teaching or book publishing in a reputable firm.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of DTP, technical knowledge in book production, copyright law, process mapping.
- Communication skills, analytical skills, organizational skills and must be a team player
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send an application letter clearly indicating the job reference, number enclose a comprehensive CV, photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials together with telephone contacts, emails address and names of three (3) referees to: The Managing Director
Kenya Literature Bureau (KLB)
P.O. Box 30022 – 00100 GPO
Nairobi Email: [email protected] Kenya Literature Bureau is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should reach the above address on or before 7 October 2015