Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the position will provide technical leadership and strategic direction in the implementation of Kenya Markets Trust’s (KMT’s)monitoring, research and evaluation practices.
The position will oversee KMT’s Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) frameworks, plans, indicators and performance results and document and disseminate program successes to the funders and stakeholders.
The position will ensure that KMT acquires, optimizes, documents and shares knowledge and information that is required to influence policy to drive its operations and effectively execute its market transformation agenda.
The role is also responsible for ensuring that climate considerations influence intervention designs in line with funder specifications.
Monitoring, Research & Evaluation Job Responsibilities
- Design and implement a monitoring, evaluation and research strategy for the organization.
- Develop annual Monitoring& Evaluation work plans that link up to and support the delivery of KMT wide goals.
- Lead results reporting to the funders by ensuring the generation of the relevant, quality reports for both internal and external audiences.
- Lead the policy and research team in developing a coherent and coordinated policy and research framework that supports KMT’s sector activities.
- Develop and apply standards and mechanisms to ensure overall technical quality of evidence-related activities including: project planning, performance monitoring plans, assessment, evaluation and research.
- Design and implement knowledge management systems that enable effective data capture, sharing amongst stakeholders to inform decisions on multi-sectoral policies, programmes and interventions.
- Provide written documentation on M&E activities and results for progress and annual reports.
- Capture, re-purpose and disburse relevant lessons and ideas for dissemination within KMT and to broader audiences.
- Develop benchmarking frameworks for all key areas of KMT’s performance so that variances are identified and action plans put in place to address them.
- Ensure integration of climate considerations in all KMT interventions.
Qualifications for the Monitoring, Research & Evaluation Job
- Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Monitoring &Evaluation or a relevant discipline.
- At least 8 years’ relevant working experience in monitoring, evaluation and research, 3 years of which should have been in a senior level. M4P knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Extensive experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Proven experience in research/study design and implementation including design and data analysis.
- Strong relationship management skills and capacity to influence at multiple levels across large, medium and small businesses, national and county governments and the donor/funding community.
- An experienced researcher with sound knowledge of supply chain/value chain management.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with International funders ‘monitoring and evaluation requirements
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, please apply by sending your CV with a cover letter indicating names of three (3) referees to [email protected] Please indicate position reference number in the subject line.
Deadline for receiving applications is August 18, 2017.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted