Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) is a State Corporation established in 1950 through an Act of Parliament CAP 363 of the Laws of Kenya with the objective of providing a ready market for livestock farmers and processing high quality meat and meat products for consumption in the domestic and export markets.
The mandate of the commission is to procure process and market high quality meat and meat products at the most competitive prices using efficient, effective and environmentally friendly systems to the satisfaction of customers and other stakeholders.
We wish to recruit dynamic, innovative, self-driven and highly qualified individuals to fill the following positions to drive the Commission in achieving the said mandate and effectively supporting the Government in the realization of Vision 2030.
Ref:- KMC 6/10/2015
The Internal Auditor is responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
• Advice the Board on internal control systems for effective Management
• Review the existing internal control systems
• Plan and develop a risk based audit plan
• Coordinate duties and responsibilities of the systems audit
• Oversee the day-to-day administration of the audit division
• Follow up on the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations
• Develop audit techniques and procedures for finance and comprehensive audit
• Carry out a review of accounting financial systems in conformity to international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and budgetary systems
• Verify accounting transactions to ensure compliance with the laid down procedures
• Verify Commission’s asset and liabilities
• Liaise with the external auditors for objective audits
• Carry out audit checks to ensure compliance in accordance with Internal Audit Act, PFMA and other relevant laws/regulations
• Bachelor of commerce (Accounting option )from a recognized university
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA K)or equivalent
• Minimum of six (6) years’ experience in audit
• Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
How to Apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements please send your application, Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees and daytime telephone contacts to reach the undersigned not later than 13th November 2015. The Managing Commissioner, Kenya Meat Commission, P. O. Box 2-00204, Athi River Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KMC is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons Living with Disability are encouraged to apply.