Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) is a State Corporation established in 1950 through an Act of Parliament CAP 363 of the Laws of Kenya with the objective of providing a ready market for livestock farmers and processing high quality meat and meat products for consumption in the domestic and export markets.
The mandate of the commission is to procure process and market high quality meat and meat products at the most competitive prices using efficient, effective and environmentally friendly systems to the satisfaction of customers and other stakeholders.
We wish to recruit dynamic, innovative, self-driven and highly qualified individuals to fill the following positions to drive the Commission in achieving the said mandate and effectively supporting the Government in the realization of Vision 2030.
Ref: KMC 5/10/2015
The Plant Engineer will oversee all the daily operations of the plant and ensure continuous improvements and optimization of all processes.
He/she will ensure that policies and procedures are followed to maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity by providing guidance for preventative and repair maintenance to ensure that plant operations are able to meet output quotas and deadlines.
• Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining quality standards
• Be responsible for production output and product quality to ensure effective return on assets
• Put in place measures to ensure factory safety and healthy working environment
• Minimize waste and constraints from production processes to improve efficiency and enhance productivity
• Attend to machine breakdown and supervising daily maintenance
• Ensure preventive maintenance is carried out periodically
• Manage workshop and stores efficiently
• Ensure timely replenishment of supplies and parts
• Maintain records and reporting on activities in the factory
• Estimate production costs and inform management of the estimated costs of any changes in product design
• Evaluate and implement cost-saving measures
• Determine the feasibility of production processes and staff needs
• Review existing production schedules and prioritize projects based on resources, appropriate technology and company requirements
• Promote the most efficient use of physical and human resource
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
• Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering from a recognized university.
• Post Graduate qualification in Management from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
• Registered with Engineer’s Registration Board (ERB).
• Member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK)
• Must have six (6) years’ work experience in a busy FMCG manufacturing environment
• Working knowledge of an ERP will be an added advantage
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
How to Apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements please send your application, Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees and daytime telephone contacts to reach the undersigned not later than 13th November 2015.
The Managing Commissioner, Kenya Meat Commission, P. O. Box 2-00204, Athi River
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and Persons Living with Disability are encouraged to apply.