Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) is a State Corporation established in 1950 through an Act of Parliament CAP 363 of the Laws of Kenya with the objective of providing a ready market for livestock farmers and processing high quality meat and meat products for consumption in the domestic and export markets.
The mandate of the commission is to procure process and market high quality meat and meat products at the most competitive prices using efficient, effective and environmentally friendly systems to the satisfaction of customers and other stakeholders.
We wish to recruit dynamic, innovative, self-driven and highly qualified individuals to fill the following positions to drive the Commission in achieving the said mandate and effectively supporting the Government in the realization of Vision 2030.
Supply Chain Manager
Ref: KMC 9/10/2015
The supply chain Manager will be responsible for:-
• Managing the tendering and quotation process as well as contract Management,
• Participating in developing and reviewing procurement policies and procedures
• Identifying potential cost saving areas through competitive tendering and negotiations
• Ensuring suppliers meet pre-qualifications and comply with public procurement procedures.
• Leading, training and managing the supplies team towards delivering the required supplies.
• Managing the transaction approval processes and requisitions
• Reviewing requirements for materials especially for packaging
• Bachelors degree in purchasing and supplies Management, commerce, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized university
• Diploma in purchasing and supplies Management obtained from CIPS, ISM or equivalent.
• Six years’ experience in a similar position
• Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
All applicants should have certificates of good conduct, compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board and the Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission.
How to Apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements please send your application, Curriculum Vitae, indicating current salary, copies of certificates, testimonials and contacts of at least three referees and daytime telephone contacts to reach the undersigned not later than 13th November 2015. The Managing Commissioner, Kenya Meat Commission, P. O. Box 2-00204, Athi River Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KMC is an equal opportunity employer. Women and Persons Living with Disability are encouraged to apply.