[JOB REF: HR/R0//1/2017]
The Kenya Medical Supplies Authority has the following job opportunities that have arisen as a result of growth and expansion in operations.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the Risk Officer will be charged with the responsibility of assessing and identifying organization risks. He/she will also offer advise on risk mitigation measures that need to be implemented by the organization in order to minimize risk exposure.
Risk Officer Job Accountabilities
- Facilitating Risk and Control Self-Assessment.
- Reviewing and updating risk registers.
- Working with the risk owners in the identification and evaluation of key risks, their causes and the development and monitoring implementation of action plans to address any gaps in risk mitigation.
- Updating and monitoring implementation of the Authority’s Risk Appetite Statement to ensure risks are managed within the set tolerance levels.
- Analyzing trends in the key risk indicators in departments and evaluating action taken on Key Risk Indicators reported as high and medium.
- Develop risk metrics and dashboards.
- Monitoring and evaluating management of risk incidences,including incidence recording and post incidence analysis, to establish whether adequate action is taken on minimizing their impact and preventing their occurrence.
- Working with risk owners in identifying key legislative and regulatory requirements and key controls for their departments and implementation of a framework to monitor compliance to these requirements and controls.
- Monitoring and analyzing compliance trends (on legislative and regulatory requirements] and actions taken to address noted compliance gaps.
- Undertaking capacity building and awareness on Enterprise Risk Management, including legal and regulatory compliance in the organization.
- Any other duties assigned.
Qualifications for the Risk Officer Job
- A business related degree or equivalent (Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, Business Administration) from a recognized University.
- Professional qualifications and/or certification in Risk Management.
- Membership to a recognized professional body in Risk Management.
- Three (3) years middle level management experience with clear understanding of and knowledge in Enterprise Risk Management Framework Implementation.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and Audit Command Language (ACL).
How to Apply
Applications accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by post to the address below to be received not later than 18th July 2017.
Ag. Chief Executive officer, Kenya Medical Supplies Authority Commercial Street, Industrial Area P.0 Box 47715 00100 Nairobi