The Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development was established under the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 and charged with the mandate to manage, develop, rehabilitate and maintain national roads.
In support of the Government’s Youth Initiative to develop a pool of young talent for the Kenyan Labour Market, the KeNHA has put in place a 1 (one) year Internship program for unemployed Kenyan graduate holders of degree and diploma certificates.
Interns at KeNHA work on projects that provide valuable hands-on experience and
will have the chance to learn from more experienced professionals. KeNHA has a well-structured internship program that sets their interns up for success. Students have the opportunity to utilize the knowledge they have gained in the classroom and see how their studies translate into a professional setting. Accordingly we are seeking to provide the following Internship opportunities.
Qualifications for the KeNHA Internship Program 2017/2018
- A Diploma or a First degree from a recognized Institution in the following disciplines: Civil Engineering, Finance/Accounting, Survey, Economics, Sociology, GIS, Environmentalist, Procurement Studies, Human Resource Management, ICT, Law, Business Administration, Business Management, Statistics, Communications and Public Relations.
- Be a Kenyan youth aged between 20 and 34 years.
- Must attach a valid personal accident insurance cover.
- Must have completed their training and graduated in the last 2 (two) years.
- Must not have undertaken any other internship programme or exposed to work experience related to their area of study since graduation.
- Must be a person of Integrity (Current Certificate of good Conduct required)
- Must be Computer Literate
- Strong Communication (written & oral ) skills
How to Apply
KeNHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality within the organization and therefore encourages persons living with disability, women and those from marginalized areas to apply.
The Authority does not guarantee employment after completion of the Internship program. Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the specific addresses shown below by close of business on 7 th July, 2017 at 5.00pm.
Applications to include CVs with clear indication of area of interest and details of their day time contacts. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates and National ID or Passport. Applications should be addressed to:-
The Director General, Kenya National Highways Authority, Blue Shield Towers, 9th floor, Hospital Hill Road, P.O Box 49712-00100, NAIROBI. Or hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment box placed on the 1 st Floor (HR Department).
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.