At Kenya Orient Insurance, we take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day to provide Unique, Relevant and Innovative insurance solutions that exceed our customer’s expectations.
We are seeking to recruit the following high calibre individual to join our team of young professionals.
Job Title: Assistant Underwriting Executive
Location: Capitol Hill & Machakos
Division / Department: Underwriting
Immediate Supervisor: Branch Supervisor
Overall Responsibility: To assess risks in accordance with laid down underwriting procedures in the company and to ensure effective and efficient service delivery to customers.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all applications for insurance –determine the profiles of risks presented to the branch/company for insurance and assess their acceptability or otherwise.
- Review all reports from various service providers relating to proposals for insurance.
- Review proposals for insurance and adjust benefits where necessary by reviewing previous files, worksheets, etc.
- Ensure all related activities to underwriting are properly coordinated and enforced
- Participate in sales initiatives.
- Ensure timely preparation and despatch of policy documents.
- Review of suspense items and follow up on outstanding requirements with a view to reconciling them in record time.
- Timely processing of quotations and tender documents.
- Liaising with intermediaries for business support.
- Processing of credits and refunds.
- Any other duties assigned by management in line with task.
- Bachelors degree from a recognized University.
- Pass in at least two papers in ACII or equivalent.
- At least 2 years relevant experience.
- Ability to communicate with confidence and influence outcome of interactions.
- Work well independently as well as in a team environment
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience you can fill it in in Google Forms HERE and submit a duly filled application form on or before Wednesday, 2nd September, 2015.