At Kenya Orient Insurance, we take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day to provide Unique, Relevant and Innovative insurance solutions that exceed our customer’s expectations.
We are seeking to recruit the following high calibre individual to join our team of young professionals.
Job Title: Bonds Officer
Division / Department: Underwriting
Immediate Supervisor: Underwriting Manager
Overall Responsibility: To assess risk for Bond products and accounts in a market segment. Make appropriate decisions and recommendations
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining relationships with the bonds clientele
- Ensuring bonds are retired on a timely basis
- Ensuring compliance with the underwriting requirements
- Monitoring outstanding bond transactions
- Ensuring bond clientele have submitted all relevant documentation before bonds are executed
- Providing periodical reports on status of bonds and the company’s exposure
- Liaising with the relevant authorities in matters relating to bonds
- Develop and leverage productive agency/ client relationships through a high level of visibility with agents, brokers and clients.
- Underwrite more complex accounts and risks, considering different approaches
- Understand and execute segment strategies to produce budgeted results.
- Accountable for accurate underwriting documentation / information management system
- Understand, embrace, execute, and foster Bond Guiding Principles.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities and effectively cross sell company products
- Demonstrate superior Customer Service Standards
- Participates in industry functions to increase visibility in the market place
- Bachelors degree from a recognized University
- Computer skills
- Underwriting Experience
- ACII or AIIK. Considerable progress may be considered
- Insurance Qualifications will be added advantage
- Adept at framing issues and solutions for bonds clients
- Ability to communicate with confidence and influence outcome of interactions.
- Work well independently as well as in a team environment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience you can fill it in in Google Forms HERE and submit a duly filled application form on or before Wednesday, 2nd September, 2015.