Kenya Orient Insurance
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Division / Department: Information and Communications Technology
Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Manager – ICT
Overall Responsibility: The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure to support business operations and executing IT Strategy.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage an efficient I.I department, consistent and appropriate with the vision and strategic objectives of the company
- Develop a blue print of I.T infrastructure requirements to meet the organizations strategic objectives
- Manage and maintain I.T vendor and service provider relationships efficiently and ensure effective SLA’s enforcement.
- Manage all I.T hardware, software and consumables to ensure flawless synergy of resources within the organization
- Ensure adequate security and safeguard of data base and applications against hackers and viruses
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports the business applications per project or operational needs
- Assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Maintain data center environment and be knowledgeable in implementation of Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Plans (BCP/DR).
- Document and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Performing any other duties as required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent
- Systems Administration certification: Unix/Linux and or Microsoft; oracle certification (OCA/OCP).
- Professional certifications in CCNA/CCNP
- ITIL Certification will be an advantage
- 5 Years Work Experience with at least 3 Years in a similar role
- Knowledge in database management; prior working experience with Oracle Database
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly visit https://korient.co.ke/careers/ and submit your application on or before Friday, July 8th 2016.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”