Kenya Orient Insurance Limited
Job Title: Finance & Administration Manager
Division / Department: Finance & Strategy
Immediate Supervisor: GM – Finance & Strategy
Overall Responsibility: The position will be responsible for all aspects of financial and administration management and their impact on company objectives, the preparation of financial reports, optimum utilization of the company resources, investment activities, compliance with regulatory requirements and implementing cash management strategies to meet the company business objectives.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of appropriate financial systems, policies, standards and procedures.
- Revenue and cost management
- Facilitate the preparation of budgets and financial plans of the company and overseeing strict adherence to the budgets and plans.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of financial transactions and compliance with international accounting standards and other relevant regulations.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reports for management’s review and presentation to the board and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure all company debts are timeously paid and corrective action taken on non performing debts
- Coordinating the annual auditing process, ensuring implementation of audit recommendations and ensuring effective internal controls.
- Manage cash inflows and outflows to ensure optimum levels of liquidity and investments.
- Ensuring a safe working environment and property management
- Periodic review of policies and procedures to ensure their relevance to the business strategy and changing organizational needs.
- Lead the cost management committee.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A bachelor’s degree in commerce or equivalent
- CPA(K) or equivalent
- 7 years’ relevant experience, 3 of which should be at a Manager level and above
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must have expertise in financial statement analysis, investment valuation, corporate governance, auditing, regulatory requirements and industry practices
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly visit http://korient.co.ke/careers/ and submit your application on or before Friday, April 8th 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”