The Kenya Pipeline Company Limited is a State Corporation established on 6th September, 1973 under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and started commercial operations in 1978. The Company is 100% owned by the Government and complies with the provisions of the State Corporations Act (Cap 446) of 1986.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Responsible to the Board of Trustees, the Trust Secretary/Administrator shall be the Secretary to the Board. He or she shall be the head of the Secretariat and shall ensure Implementation of the Board decisions, policies and programmes. In addition he/she should offer administration service in line with the provisions of the Retirement Benefits Act, particularly the Administrators regulations.
Scope of Work for the Dust Secretary/Administrator
• Providing leadership to the Secretariat
• Formulating and implementing approved policies that will ensure that the investment aspirations of the pension schemes are attained
• Articulating the policies of the Board of Trustees and ensuring appropriate strategies are developed and implemented
• Developing and delivering strategic objectives agreed with the trustees
• Recommending to the trustees significant operational changes and major capital expenditure
• Ensuring effective communication is sustained
• Computation of benefits accurately and paying the right person in time
• Ensuring compliance with the Retirement Benefits Act and other legal requirements.
•Liaise with Fund Managers, custodian and other professional service providers in ensuring efficient operation of the scheme.
The person to be appointed as Trust Secretary/administrator shall be academically and professionally qualified in matters relating to insurance. law, accounting, actuarial science, economics, banking, finance, investment of scheme funds.
The applicant should possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Commerce, Economics, Business, Law, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or has more than five years’ experience in matters relating directly to pensions and administration of schemes.
• Master’s degree in any one of the above fields or a field related to investment of scheme funds will be an added advantage.
• Membership of a relevant professional body and Trustees certification will be an added advantage
• Minimum of ten years relevant work experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge in pensions administration and investments
How to Apply
If you believe your credentials match the qualifications, you may apply and include; a comprehensive CV, cart fled copies of testimonials and professional certificates. State your current position, remuneration, email and telephone, Additionally, submit certified copies of clearance certificates from the following Institutions; Directorate of Criminal investigations, HELB, Credit Reference Bureau, Tax compliance certificate from KRA and Clearance by the Ethics and Anti-corruption commission. Submit your application by email or hard copies by 28th February 2017 not later than 5pm to: The Chairperson Kenya Pipeline Company Retirement Benefits Scheme Parklands Road Crescent Business Centre (CBC) – 5th Floor P.O. Box 13633 – 00800 Nairobi Email: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.