The Kenya Pipeline Company (KPC) Limited is a State Corporation established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya to provide efficient, reliable, safe and cost effective means of transporting quality Oil and Gas from source to the customer.
Pursuant to this objective, the Company is seeking for qualified, highly motivated and results oriented candidates to fill the undermentioned positions:
Responsible for providing financial decision making information, organize, coordinate and control product accounting and stock control processes and reporting in order to ensure accuracy and adherence to product accounting procedures.
Roles for the Chief Accountant Job
- Improvement of controls by evaluating, redesigning, developing, documenting and implementing of Product Accounting procedures, processes and instruction manual in compliance with the company policy, changing tax regimes and regulations in the Oil Industry.
- Accomplishing finance and the company’s mission by completing related results as needed.
- Co-ordinate the accounting of all receipts, transfers and deliveries in and out of all Kenya Pipeline installations countrywide.
- Co-ordinate billing of for ex KPC deliveries, side contracts services and any other service offered by KPC.
- Compiling monthly performance reports for KPC system including monthly product throughput/ revenue trends, causes and implications.
- Facilitate preparation of accurate and timely monthly and periodic reports on KPC product movements and revenue in line with IAS and oil industry requirements suitable for management decision making.
- Co-ordinate and ensure proper management of the Collateral Financing arrangement.
- Supervise, develop and motivate staff to enhance productivity.
- Liaise and development of profitable business relations with KPC’s customers (Shippers and other stakeholders) for smooth day to day product accounting functions.
- Liaise with other sections to facilitate team building and synergize the operations and or company’s performance.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Chief Accountant Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, or Finance
- ACCA or CPA (K) qualification is mandatory
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Minimum eight (8) years post qualification experience.
- Indepth knowledge of financial management, loss control methods, due diligence processes.
- Critical thinking.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, methods and practices of governmental accounting and budgeting
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and prepare relevant reports for management
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully
- Ability to maintain professional status, high integrity and keep abreast of evolving trends in accounting and finance through continuing professional development
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages
- Ability to deliver Kenya Pipeline Company’s articulated vision for change, create a sense of urgency around change and motivates staff to join change efforts
- Ability to establish flexible multidisciplinary teams in an environment conducive to continuous learning, creativity and innovation.
How to Apply
NB: Candidates interested in the position of Chief Accountant above (KPC/ADVT/20/2017) are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following certificates;
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
Clearance from Credit reference bureau
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant testimonials.
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR Kenya Pipeline Company Limited P.O. Box 73442, 00200 NAIROBI.
All applications should be received not later than Tuesday 10th July 2017. Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and
Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. This advertisement is may also be found on our website www.kpc.co.ke