ICT Officer – Applications Developer Jobs at Kenya Pipeline
Responsible for the development of systems to support business processes including solution architecting, design, coding, testing, deployment and supporting new and enhanced functionalities within the deployed systems in the company.
Must be able to work across all SAP R/3 modules environment, including data conversion programs, reports, and program developments and extensions and integration to other non-SAP systems.
Applications Developer Job Key Responsibilities
- Analyze, design, configure, code, test, deploy and maintain software applications according to specifications and user requirements.
- Write and maintain software design specifications throughout the system life cycle.
- Support the daily operational activities including interfaces, operations and data integrity of specifically assigned systems in a standard, effective and timely manner.
- Prepare comprehensive and thorough technical program documentation including specifications, test conditions, test plans, test data, etc.
- Manage or assist in the management of small to medium sized projects, including the planning, development, implementation and reporting of project status.
- Act as liaison with IT infrastructure group and other systems analysts to resolve problems with IT applications
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and other departments according to system development life cycle standards.
- Design, run and monitor software performance on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Assist the end user in use of IT applications by developing user manuals and guidelines and training end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Interface with business analysts to ensure the proper automation, use and integration of business processes and procedures for continuous information system improvement.
- Work with Basis and other teams across KPC to resolve technical problems
- Develop and maintain new reports in various programming languages including ABAP, Report Writers, .Net, Java and others
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Assist in the coordination of tasks assigned to contractor/consultants
- Train end users with simple network troubleshooting techniques
- Administration of application systems including SAP and others
- Administration of Relation Databases including Sybase, oracle, MS SQL,
Qualifications for the Applications Developer Job
- Bachelor of Science degree in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems.
- Minimum five (5) years relevant experience.
- Certification in SAP ABAP is mandatory.
- Certification in other development environments like .NET, Java and open source is an added advantage.
- Membership to a relevant professional body is an added advantage
- Completed at least one full cycle implementation of ERP systems.
- A commercial understanding of business processes with specialization in any one of the following functional areas: Finance(FI), Controlling(CO), Human Resources(HR), Materials Management(MM), both in
- Procurement and Inventory Management, IS-OIL / TSW, Sales & Distribution(SD), Quality Management Systems(QMS), Project Systems (PS), Workflow or Business Intelligence(BI). Understanding of cross module integration points
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and resolve issues outside assigned module.
- Knowledge and experience of customizing in ERP.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National ID.
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, and ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on Tuesday, 28th March 2017. Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.