Senior ICT Officer Information Security Jobs at Kenya Pipeline
Responsible for the development a risk-based information security culture in the company.
Leader of the information security function for KPC, responsible for overall corporate information security strategy, architecture, development and oversight for all utilized security technologies and services, including protection services, perimeter defenses, physical and logical access control, and profile management of all users, contractors and visitors.
Enterprise-level responsibility for all data/information security policies, standards, evaluations, roles, and corporate awareness.
Information Security Job Key Responsibilities
- Ensuring that a corporate-wide information security program is developed, documented, implemented, and maintained to protect information and information systems.
- Developing, maintaining, and issuing information security policies, procedures, and control techniques to provide direction for implementing the requirements of the information security program. Propose the draft of main information security documents –e.g., Information security policy, Classification policy, Access control policy, Acceptable use of assets, Risk assessment and risk treatment methodology, Statement of Applicability, Risk treatment plan, etc.
- Overseeing personnel with significant/privileged information security responsibilities.
- Establishing minimum mandatory risk based technical, operational, and management information security control requirements for KPC information and information systems. Ensure that all corrective actions are performed.
- Reporting any compliance failure or policy violation for appropriate disciplinary and corrective actions.
- Communicate/Train/Disseminate the benefits of information security companywide. Advise top executives on all security matters
- Report on the results of measuring the security system, propose security improvements and corrective actions, propose budget and other required resources for protecting the information
- Maintain an inventory of all important information assets. Delete the records that are not needed any more.
- Dispose of media and equipment no longer in use, in a secure way
- Perform risk assessment for activities to be outsourced. Perform background check for candidates for outsourcing partners. Define security clauses that must be part of an agreement.
- Security incidents management -Developing, implementing, and maintaining capabilities for detecting, reporting, and responding to information security incidents, receive information about security incidents, coordinate response to security incidents, prepare evidence for legal action following an incident, analyze incidents in order to prevent their recurrence, review logs of user activities in order to recognize suspicious behavior
- Business continuity -Coordinate the business impact analysis process and the creation of response plans,
- Coordinate exercising and testing, Perform post incident review of the recovery plans
- Approve appropriate methods for the protection of mobile devices, computer networks and other communication channels.
Qualifications for the Information Security Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent.
- CISM or CISSP or CISA or any other relevant security certification is mandatory
- Membership to a relevant professional body is an added advantage.
- Minimum six (6) years post qualification experience in Information Security.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of oil industry requirements including broad knowledge of international trends in auditing and corporate governance.
- Strong well developed written and verbal communication, intense concentration of mental and interpersonal skills including ability to conduct computerized audits/investigations and prepare relevant and quality reports
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining complaints, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters
- Ability to solve complex and outstanding technical and administrative problems by generating alternative workable solutions
- Ability to deliver corporate articulated vision for change, create sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change effort.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage staff of different orientation.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Reference No. on both the application and envelope and send to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and National ID.
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, and ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm on Tuesday, 28th March 2017. Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.