KPC/ADVT/22/2017 (Permanent & Pensionable)
Responsible for the organization, coordination and control Product Accounting processes and reporting in order to ensure accuracy and adherence to product accounting procedures.
Roles for the Senior Accountant Job
- Co-ordinate the accounting of all receipts, transfers and deliveries in and out of all Kenya Pipeline installations countrywide.
- Co-ordinate billing of for ex KPC deliveries, side contracts services and any other service offered by KPC.
- Compiling monthly performance reports for KPC system including monthly product throughput/ revenue trends, causes and implications.
- Facilitate preparation of accurate and timely monthly and periodic reports on KPC product movements and revenue in line with IAS and oil industry requirements suitable for management decision making.
- Co-ordinate and ensure proper management of the Collateral Financing arrangement.
- Supervise, develop and motivate staff to enhance productivity.
- Liaise and development of profitable business relations with KPC’s customers (Shippers and other stakeholders) for smooth day to day product accounting functions.
Senior Accountant Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, or Finance
- ACCA or CPA (K) qualification is mandatory
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Minimum six (6) years post qualification experience or equivalent.
- Considerable knowledge of financial management, loss control methods and due diligence processes.
- Considerable knowledge of principles, methods and practices of governmental accounting and budgeting
Leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and prepare relevant reports for management
- Ability to maintain professional status, high integrity and keep abreast of evolving trends in accounting and finance through continuing professional development
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages
How to Apply
NB: Candidates interested in the position of Chief Accountant above (KPC/ADVT/20/2017) are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of the following certificates;
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
Clearance from Credit reference bureau
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below enclosing CVs with full details of education background, professional qualifications, and attach copies of certificates and relevant testimonials.
Applications may be deposited at our Head Office, Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or posted to:
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR Kenya Pipeline Company Limited P.O. Box 73442, 00200 NAIROBI.
All applications should be received not later than Tuesday 10th July 2017. Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and
Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. This advertisement is may also be found on our website www.kpc.co.ke