Kenya Ports Authority is a Statutory Corporation established by an Act of Parliament on 20th January, 1978, with the mandate of maintaining, improving and regulating all Scheduled Ports.
To deliver this mandate, the Authority has employed and developed a highly professional workforce.
The position of General Manager, Human Resources and Administration which plays a key strategic role in acquiring, deploying and developing the Authority’s human resources will soon fall vacant.
In this regard, the Authority is seeking to recruit a high caliber professional to fill this position.
A brief description of the role of this position, the tasks and responsibilities and required qualifications are as follows:
General Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Reporting to the Managing Director, the job holder is responsible for delivering the entire spectrum of human resource and administrative strategies.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure development and implementation of effective Human Resource Strategies, Policies, Systems and Procedures
- Oversee continuous development, implementation and review of effective Human Resource Plans
- Oversee the process of attraction, deployment and retention of qualified and skilled personnel
- Provide leadership for the development of change management initiatives and advice Management on change management issues
- Ensure the development and implementation of an effective performance management system
- Carry our periodic market surveys to determine competitive terms and conditions of service and make strategic recommendations to Management
- Serve as Management’s Liaison Officer between the Dock Workers Union and other labour related entities
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Masters Degree in Human Resource Management or in any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Must have received training in Corporate Governance
- Must possess Advanced Management Development Training
- Must demonstrate a high degree of professional competency, administrative capabilities and sound knowledge of Public Sector policy and reforms, corporate planning and the relevant Labour Laws
- Experience: At least ten (10) years’ experience in managing human resources and administration functions and at least 5 years in a senior management position in a unionized environment.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing the following documents;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
How to Apply
If your career profile matches the requirements of this position, please submit your application with a detailed curriculum vitae indicating your qualifications, testimonials, experience, present position, e-mail address and mobile telephone number with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 15th October 2015 to:
The Managing Director Kenya Ports Authority P.O Box 95009 – 80104 Mombasa