Applications are hereby invited for the following vacancy with Kenya Power.
Chief Human Resources Officer, HR Administration & Welfare
Job Ref: HR: KP1/5CB/745
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resource Services, the Chief Human Resources Officer, HR Administration & Welfare will be responsible for the following duties;
- Implementing policies, strategies, procedures and standards on industrial relations and welfare in the Company.
- Administering staff loans, benefits and allowances as provided for in the staff regulations and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ensuring effective management and availability of human resources data.
- Overseeing implementation of grievance handling process and maintenance of policies that foster industrial peace.
- Implementing disciplinary process for management staff and maintenance of policies that foster industrial peace.
- Implementing modifications in the Integrated Human Resources System and training the affected users in human resources.
- Overseeing the implementation of staff movement including transfers, discharges, and promotions.
- Participating in negotiations and implementation of the Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA)
- Managing employee relations and communication strategies to maximize staff involvement and commitment.
- Ensuring human resources policies are implemented consistently and core values of the Company are upheld.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or other comparable qualifications from a recognized Institution
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized Institution
- Registered Member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- At least nine (9) years’ work experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Thorough understanding of Labour laws and regulations
- Inspirational and motivation skills
- Excellent planning, presentation, evaluation and IT skills
- Demonstrable ethical and integrity credentials
- Drive for results and achievement
How to Apply
Interested persons should CLICK HERE to submit their applications online
Applications should be received not later than Friday 18th September 2015.
While applying quote the title of the position you are applying for and include your day time telephone numbers, e mail addresses and names and addresses of three (3) referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer.