Safety, Health & Environment Manager Job At Kenya Railways Corporation
Safety, Health & Environment Manager Job Responsibilities
- Monitoring and regulating country rail operators to ensure compliance with safety, health and environment (SHE) standards;
- Carrying out safety and risk analysis to identify hazards, assess risks and propose feasible safety measures;
- Receiving and reviewing accident investigation reports, periodic and special reports on major railway accident investigations on major railway accidents and make recommendations to improve safety;
- Carrying out independent accident investigations on major railway accidents and enforce compliance with safety standards;
- In compliance with statutory SHE requirements, assess through baseline survey in liaison with the
- Concessionaire, KR’s historical environmental damage and prepare implementation plans to mitigate potential SHE damage;
- Maintaining an up to date databank of major accidents reported by rail operators as well as preparing reports as required;
- Ensuring formulation and review of SHE policies of the corporation as appropriate;
- Providing advice to departments on SHE matters and ensure they are compliant; and
- Coordinating with other agencies involved in monitoring and regulating different aspects of SHE including Uganda Railways.
Qualifications For Safety, Health & Environment Manager Job
- A degree in an Engineering or related discipline relevant to the railway industry
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya
- Must have a valid Practising Certificate
- 7 years relevant experience, 3 of which must be in management level.
- Knowledge of local safety, health and environmental standards and international requirements.
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
In addition to the Job requirements, applicants MUST meet and show proof of compliance with the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution, namely Clearance Certificates from :-
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
How to Apply
Apply here by July 1, 2016.