Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited (Kenya Re), is a leading reinsurer and is listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
It is ISO 9001: 2008 Certified and is rated B+ by A.M Best and AA by the Global Credit Rating Company (GCR).
Kenya Re now seeks to recruit and fill the following position:-
Accounts Assistant – Disbursement
Ref No: KRC/HR/2016/16
The main purpose of the job is to disburse all payments (cheques and bank transfers) to suppliers, lawyers, tenants, staff, cedants, brokers and any other one-off supplier as well as bank transfers.
Also handle petty cash for head office and out-stations as well as staff travel advances payments.
This position involves diplomatic interaction with all parties involved in the payment process in order to facilitate swift payment of all obligations due from the Corporation.
The selected candidate will be responsible but not limited to the following duties:-
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing of cheques for authorization by signatories and ensuring updating of cheque registers as per documented requirements;
- Manage the head office petty cash float, distribution and replenishment and facilitate reimbursement of petty cash for all outstations;
- Generating and uploading payment files from Oracle into Citidirect for all EFT’s, forwarding to signatories and following up to ensure approvals completed within shortest possible time;
- Preparation of bank transfers (Passing relevant entries, drawing cheques/letters) as advised by Investments Accountant after approvals in Oracle Cash Management;
- Processing of all staff travel advances for both local and international travels within set guidelines as well as related refunds;
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts related to petty cash and bank reconciliations of assigned bank accounts;
- Timely preparation of all internal and external audit schedules as required and addressing all related audit queries in a timely and comprehensive manner;
- Promptly address all correspondence from internal and external clients;
- Maintain an organized filing system for all documents generated from payments and petty cash in an easily retrievable fashion;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by management.
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University.
- They should be CPA/ACCA Finalist.
- In addition they should have two (2) years post qualification experience in Finance with demonstrable experience in areas of financial accounting including managing petty cash, reconciliations and electronic payments and hands on experience working with accounting systems. Oracle financials experience is an added advantage
- They should have strong analytical skills and keen attention to details, be self-driven, results oriented, proactive and have an ability to work without supervision.
How to Apply
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or physical disability.
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Applicants should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. and outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:-
The Human Resource Manager Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO Nairobi
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 29th July 2016