Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited (Kenya Re), is a leading reinsurer and is listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
It is ISO 9001: 2008 Certified and is rated B+ by A.M Best and AA by the Global Credit Rating Company (GCR).
Kenya Re now seeks to recruit and fill the following position:-
Accounts Assistant – Reinsurance
Ref No: KRC/HR/2016/17
The main purpose of this role is to ensure proper management of all reinsurance payables, maintenance of the fixed assets register and providing finance operational support to regional offices
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing reinsurance payments including claims, quarterly accounts and retrocession premiums accurately and in a timely fashion;
- Promptly address all correspondence relating to reinsurance transactions from clients;
- Enhance the effectiveness of the transaction interface between reinsurance and financial systems to ensure accuracy and integrity of information;
- Maintenance of the fixed assets register;
- Co-ordinate tagging of fixed assets upon acquisition, and record all asset acquisitions, retirements and transfers as well as monthly depreciation always ensuring up-to-date information;
- Reconciliations of all general ledger accounts related to reinsurance payables, fixed assets and the Corporation’s subsidiaries as well as monthly bank reconciliations as assigned;
- Preparation of all reinsurance payables, fixed asset and subsidiary reports for monthly quarterly and annual financial reporting;
- Timely preparation of internal and external audit schedules as required and addressing all internal and external audit queries in a timely and comprehensive manner;
- Assist in preparation of final annual accounts and notes to the accounts specifically in areas related to reinsurance payables, fixed assets and consolidation of subsidiaries;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by management
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized University.
- They should be CPA/ACCA Finalist. In addition they should have two (2) years post qualification experience in Finance with demonstrable experience in areas of financial accounting including payments processing, reconciliations and profit & loss accounting and have working experience in handling internal and external auditors.
- They should have hands on experience working with accounting systems. Oracle financials experience is an added advantage strong analytical skills and keen attention to details, be self-driven, results oriented, proactive and have an ability to work without supervision.
How to Apply
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or physical disability.
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Applicants should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. and outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:-
The Human Resource Manager Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO Nairobi
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 29th July 2016