REF NO: KRC/HR/2017/004 (1 POST)
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited (Kenya Re), is a leading reinsurer and is listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). It is ISO 9001: 2008 Certified and is rated B+ by A.M Best and AA by the Global Credit Rating Company (GCR). Kenya Re now seeks to recruit and fill the following positions:-
The selected candidate will report to the Information & Communication Technology Manager located at the head office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Assist Information Security Administrator in securing information and systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording or destruction.
Roles for the Assistant Information Security Administrator Job
- Give input in the design of Information Security controls and security plans.
- Facilitate information security awareness, training and education (e.g., business process owners, users, information technology) to stakeholders.
- Review system logs to identify and address activity that is not consistent with set out Information Security guidelines and standards.
- Ensure that the Organization’s processes and procedures are performed in compliance with the Organization’s information security policies and standards.
- Proactively anticipate potential threats and vulnerabilities and provide guidance on effective control measures.
- Working with the risk function to oversee and conduct risk management activities (risk assessment, gap analysis, business impact analysis, etc.) to help the Organization reach an acceptable level of risk.
- Advising and making recommendations regarding appropriate personnel, physical and technical security controls.
- Give input on the design, development and implementation of Information disaster recovery procedures to minimize on loss of data/or systems.
- Coordinating with vendors, auditors, executive management and user departments to enhance information security
- Provide input in the establishment, implementation and adherence to policies and standards that guide and support the terms of the information security strategy.
- Carry out Information Security day-to-day operations.
Assistant Information Security Administrator Job Qualifications
- Applicants should be holders of a Bachelor of Science Computer Studies/Information Technology or related studies. In addition they should have three (3) years’ experience in a related field.
- They should possess certification in Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and should have Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
- In addition they should have good organizational and analytical skills, good interpersonal and communication skills and proficiency in office productivity tools.
How to Apply
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or physical disability. An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates. Applicants should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. and outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:-
The Human Resource Manager Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited P. O Box 30271 – 00100 GPO NAIROBI E-mail: [email protected] Closing Date: 4th July 2017
Canvasing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification. Please note that NO FEE is charged during the entire recruitment process.