REF NO: KRC/HR/2017/005
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited (Kenya Re), is a leading reinsurer and is listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). It is ISO 9001: 2008 Certified and is rated B+ by A.M Best and AA by the Global Credit Rating Company (GCR). Kenya Re now seeks to recruit and fill the following positions:-
The position is responsible for the inspection of defects in buildings and preparing specifications as well as carry out management and administration activities of assigned property.
Duties for the Premises Officer Job
- Monitor all activities within the premises to ensure adherence to rules and regulations;
- Ensure collection of rent as well as outstanding rent arrears and other dues;
- Prepare letters of offer and administer leases and tenancy agreements;
- Advise the Property Manager on proposed maintenance/repairs of the properties;
- Provide input for job specifications for repair works;
- Monitor all repair and maintenance works and any other service level agreements;
- Advise finance on timely payments of land rent and land rates plus utility bills;
- Supervise the outsourced security services; and compile monthly station reports;
- Preparing Budget Estimates;
- Preparing Feasibility Studies including Developer’s Budgets;
- Cost Planning and Elemental Cost Analysis;
- Inspection of defects in buildings and preparing specifications;
- Preparing interim valuations and settling of final accounts for small works;
- Preparing Contractual Documentations;
- Advising on Economics of various Building types, materials and modes of construction and life cycle costing of materials.
- Project and repairs works management, coordination and correspondence with outsourced consultants and contractors
- Monitoring and evaluation of the Corporations’ capital projects
- Regular reporting on general condition of premises, service providers and projects
- Drafting of terms of reference for procuring of service providers for building equipment and maintenance
- Management, coordination and correspondence with service providers and any other service level agreements for the department.
- Advising Property Manager on proposed maintenance and repairs of the properties
- Marketing the building for tenancy with aim of ensuring minimal voids year round
Premises Officer Job Requirements
- Applicants should be holders of a Bachelor’s Degree in Land Economics/Real Estate/ or related course from a recognized University or Institute of Higher Learning.
- Be holders of a Diploma from Institution of Surveyors of Kenya.
- Be a full member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya.
- Have three (3) years’ experience in management of high-rise commercial buildings
- They should have high ethical, moral and integrity values and be team players who can work with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or physical disability. An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates. Applicants should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. and outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:-
The Human Resource Manager Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited P. O Box 30271 – 00100 GPO NAIROBI E-mail: [email protected] Closing Date: 4th July 2017
Canvasing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification. Please note that NO FEE is charged during the entire recruitment process.