Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited (Kenya Re) is a leading reinsurer and is listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
It is ISO 9001: 2008 Certified and is rated B+ by A.M Best and AA by the Global Credit Rating Company (GCR).
Kenya Re now seeks to recruit and fill the following position:
Manager Research and Development
Ref No: KRC/HR/2016/12
The Manager Research and Development will be responsible for providing primary research services to management and business units for strategic decision making.
The role will provide guidance and direction to both primary and secondary research functions in respect to business requirements.
- Gathering of market intelligence and data analyzing and providing insights with a view to providing Kenya-Re with a competitive advantage.
- Continuously liaise with the Reinsurance Division and Finance and Investment Division to understand the economic trends both within and outside the country with a view of proposing suitable investments.
- Creation of actionable insight that informs decision making on customer behavior and provide insights into the changes in operations to optimize the performance of business.
- Make recommendations to the management team on the prioritization of the innovative ideas and advice on ways of improving innovation.
- Champion innovation through analysis of the current situations to foster improvements, better works systems, costs savings, faster processes and turnaround times.
- Advice on research results against the action standards set and the next steps.
- Identifying problems, opportunities and/or gaps through primary and secondary research and innovation.
- Management and dissemination of insight from secondary research sources such as market data. consumer/customer / competitor trends as well as internal company data.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- Applicants should be holders of a Bachelors’ degree from a reputable university. They should be holders of a diploma in research or project management from a recognized institution.
- They should have six (6) years relevant experience in research preferably in a related financial institution two of which should be in a managerial position
- They should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to operate in performance driven environment and be a team player with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or physical disability.
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
How to Apply
- Applicants should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No, and outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:
- The Human Resource Manager Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited P.O Box 30271, 00100 GPO Nairobi
- E-mail: [email protected] Closing Date: 5th August 2016