Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited (Kenya Re), is a leading reinsurer and is listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
It is ISO 9001: 2008 Certified and is rated B+ by A.M Best and AA by the Global Credit Rating Company (GCR).
Kenya Re now seeks to recruit and fill the following position:-
Ref No: KRC/HR/2016/18
The main purpose of a security officer is to maintain safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
The position entails protecting the corporation’s premises, assets and personnel.
The person will be expected to maintain a high visibility presence and prevent all illegal or inappropriate actions.
The goal is to detect, deter, observe and report.
The person will report to the Property Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry;
- Obtain help by sounding alarms;
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers;
- Control traffic by directing drivers;
- Complete reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures;
- Maintain environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls;
- Maintain organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements;
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Protect the Corporation’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment;
- Observe for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances;
- Act lawfully in direct defense of life or property;
- Apprehend criminals and evict violators;
- Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences;
- Report in detail any suspicious incidents;
- Patrol randomly or regularly within buildings, perimeters and all other Corporation properties;
- Monitor and control access at building entrances and vehicle gates;
- Monitor alarm systems or video cameras and operate detecting/emergency equipment and give regular reports;
- Liaise with the police and other law enforcing agencies in solving security matters related to the Corporation;
- Supervise, coordinate and appraise outsourced security services across the Corporation’s premises;
- Assess, develop and implement security solutions in line with the Corporation’s policy and security needs;
- Organize for fire drills on an annual basis in all Corporation buildings;
- Applicants should be holders of a Bachelor’s degree from recognized university.
- They should be holders of a diploma in a relevant security related field and be holders of a certificate of good conduct.
- In addition they should have ten (10) years of proven working experience as a security officer or hold relevant experience.
- Have knowledge of crisis management, ability to operate detecting systems and emergency equipment, have excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols.
- They should have surveillance skills and detail orientation and have integrity and professionalism.
How to Apply
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or physical disability.
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Applicants should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. and outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:-
The Human Resource Manager Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO Nairobi
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 29th July 2016