Data Manager Job At Kenya Red Cross
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organisation in Kenya.
The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
Position Title: Data Manager (Re-advertisement)
Reporting to: Head of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning
Job location: Headquarters
Data Manager Job Purpose
- The Data Manager will be responsible for providing leadership for the data management cycle in KRCS.
- S/he will ensure that the relevant teams (Programs, Emergency operations, Organizational Development and Strategic plan monitoring) retain a focus on overall needs at all times while collecting information, to optimize the use of that data for decision making.
- The data will entail different types including routine, non routine, primary and secondary data.
Data Manager Job Responsibilities
- Determine data to be collected based on program and organizational needs.
- Perform analysis to determine adequacy of data collection and evaluation processes.
- Organize, implement and enforces data management procedures.
- Train employees on proper data management tools and equipment.
- Establish data quality standards and ensure they are met.
- Manage contracts with all software vendors associated with data collection and management.
- Ensure that software functions properly at all times and data management system is operating correctly.
- Troubleshoot for solutions in all data-related problem areas.
- Make sure all software updates are installed and implemented and staffs are trained on proper application.
- Ensure data management system is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Evaluate data management system to improve operational procedures.
- Prepare regular reports for various departments and levels in the organization.
- Ensure KRCS reports to national and county reporting systems
- Develop special reports upon request.
- Perform presentations at meetings and conferences.
- Participate in regional, state and national meetings related to data management.
- Support the MEAL unit in other tasks as may be allocated.
- Demonstrated exceptional technological skills in data management.
- Extensive knowledge of data management software.
- Excellent mathematical abilities and organizational skills.
- Superior presentation skills and ability to explain complex processes to others.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of terminology relevant to the industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills and well as superior written and verbal communication skills.
Qualifications For Data Manager Jobs
- A bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, or computer science.
- Related Masters degree will be an added advantage
- 5 Years experience in both routine and non routine data management of community based programs.
- Ability to undertake programming and/or analysis in one or more of: SPSS, STATA, MySQL, share point technologies.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 31st May 2016.
- Secretary General Kenya Red Cross Society P.O. Box 40712-00100, Nairobi
- Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees.