Monitoring & Evaluation Job at Red Cross
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, most trusted and selfsustaining humanitarian organization in Kenya, serving present and future generations.
Reporting to the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will be responsible for providing operational support for all M&E activities in the GF and PACF programme in the Region.
S/He will support the M&E capacity building for the Sub Recipients’, technical reporting, ensure data quality, completeness, use and build the capacity for effective M&E system. S/He will ensure that the grants M&E outputs meet the needs of the grant, are synchronized into the national HIV M&E System and maintain accountability.
Responsibilities for the Monitoring & Evaluation Job
- Monitor project implementation to ensure timely and quality implementation of projects visàvis approved work plans, targets and contracts.
- Facilitate technical support on program and M&E initiatives in the grant including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, proper data collection, data verification and audits and storage; and ensure timely feedback to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Coordinating with the RMEO to ensure timely submission of reports, regular review and verification of the sub recipients’ reports and timely feedback to the SubRecipients on reporting including timeliness, correctness, and availability of all required supporting documents and the overall implementation of the agreed work plans.
- Support data review, processing, including data transfer, entry, verification and cleaning; and ensure forms are filled according to compliance protocols.
- Support data quality audits to ensure the quality of data collected by the project and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- In charge of archiving reports and all programmatic documents, both hard copies and soft copies.
- Follow up with the region on key action points, process indicators and output indicators.
- Support in documentation of lessons learned and best practices of key interventions implemented.
Provide M&E related support to the GF staff and other programmes in the Region
Qualifications for the Monitoring & Evaluation Job
- Diploma/ Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Public Health, Environmental Health, Statistics or related course.
- Professional qualification in Project Management and/or M&E will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years’ working experience in a relevant role
- Demonstrated knowledge in data management using statistical packages is desirable
- Strong program analysis and report writing skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Ability to develop reports and prepare relevant publications
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to maintain high standards of personal integrity and demonstrate sensitivity for ethnic, cultural and gender differences.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, email and utilization of the internet
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications to the address below on or before 7th April 2017.
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 4071200100,
Applications should have a cover letter, curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees.