The purpose of this role is to provide guidance on labour laws and practices, staff welfare, discipline and grievances as well as involvement in maintaining positive relationships. The job holder is responsible for consistent application of employee relations policies and procedures.
Assistant Manager Job Key responsibilities
- Implementation of employee relations strategy across KRA
- Work with HR colleagues in development of integrated disciplinary solutions.
- Implementation of the disciplinary policy and manage the administration of all discipline/grievance issues as per discipline /grievance procedures.
- Work with line managers to ensure compliance to labour and government regulations relating to staff issues.
- Liaise with Ethics and Integrity Department on disciplinary matters.
- Liaise with key committees and internal/external bodies shaping future policy in areas of employee relations and policy.
- Liaise with the Legal Department on cases arising from the disciplinary process
- Enforce compliance with the Public Officers Ethics Act specifically regarding declaration of income, assets & liabilities.
- Prepare disciplinary process impact assessment reports.
- Coordinate and facilitate grievance procedures.
- Maintain ongoing and closed staff discipline files.
- Employee relations;
- Industrial relations;
- Disciplinary process management;
Qualifications for the Assistant Manager Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Law or related field;
- A Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management;
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Any additional qualifications in Employee or Industrial Relations would be an added advantage.
- At least t h r e e (3) years’ experience in labour and employee relations management; and
- Experience in planning and delivering employee relations initiatives.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by clicking on this link.