Officer, East African Community Affairs & International Relations
Job Title: Officer – EAC Affairs and International Relations
Division: Marketing & Communication
Section: EAC Affairs & International Relations
Reports to: Supervisor – EAC affairs & International Relations
International Relations Officer Job Purpose
Assisting the EAC and IR Management in coordination and management of the EAC and International Relations activities to promote KRA’s role and develop linkages for knowledge sharing, partnership and collaboration.
International Relations Responsibilities
- Assist the Managers in the daytoday operations of the Section
- Maintain an up to date EAC Affairs and IR calendar of engagements
- Maintain and continually update a database of contacts of all EAC and international partners
- Plan and coordinate administrative and logistical activities within the Section.
- Assist the managers in organising and coordination of EAC and international events.
- Write articles on EAC and IR events for publication in the newsflash
- Liaise with external service providers
- Draft events budgets and proposals for review and Initiate approval.
- Ensure event activities, programs and venues are consistent with KRA standards
- Assist in creating awareness on Tax developments and innovations in the EAC and worldwide by disseminating relevant and current information to KRA staff.
- Exercise proper record keeping practices and maintain a filing system for ease of retrieval of information
- Organize and coordinate requisition and collection of general supplies for office use
- Participate in planning and Coordinating international conferences and workshops.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for the Section
- Maintain all international correspondence records.
- Prepare programs for visiting EAC and International delegates.
- Assist in expanding awareness of KRA’s activities in the East African Community and International arena to promote the Authority’s brand.
- Collect and repackage information and data on all engagements between KRA, EAC members and International organisations for uploading to the EAC &IR document repository for easy tracking, retrieval and sharing of information to support business units
- Participate in the development and implement EAC Affairs & IR strategy and work plan.
- Observe the EAC & IR Standard Operating Procedure Manual in daily operations of the section
Qualifications For International Relations
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Studies, International Development, Communication or an equivalent.
- Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience International Relations
- Demonstrated experience in events management.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
How to Apply