Principal Accountant Job at Kenya School of Government
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Principal Accountant will assist in budgeting, prudent utilization of resources, and financial reporting.
Duties for the Principal Accountant Job
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Prepare financial statements and schedules,
- Complete monthly closing procedures,
- Analyze and record daily revenues and expenses,
- Undertake monthly reconciliation of bank and other accounts,
- Periodically analyze financial performance,
- Submit financial and tax reports for audit,
- Prepare tax returns and other reporting requirements,
- Monitor and document internal controls, and
- Undertake other tasks assigned by the Finance Manager.
Principal Accountant Job Qualifications
The ideal candidate for the position of Principal Accountant will be an individual with:
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance,
- A CPA (K) qualification,
- Five years of experience in a busy accounting or finance function,
- ICPAK membership,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Initiative and ability to work independently,
- Ability to build and work with teams, and
- Knowledge of working with accounting software.
How to Apply
Please visit our website www.ksg.ac.ke for more information on duties, responsibilities and other requirements
If you believe your qualifications and career objectives match any of the vacant position, please submit your application, including detailed curriculum vitae; stating your current position, email address and telephone contacts.
Applications should be sent to the address below in both hard and soft copy so as to reach us on or before June 23, 2017
The Director General
Kenya School of Government
P.O. Box 23030-00604
Lower Kabete Road,
Kenya School of Government is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or any other bases under laws in its programs and activities
Minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.